Need thoughts on situation.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 22, 2015
This may have been a part of the coaches strategy - apparently that team could not hit a change or was struggling with making adjustments to various speeds. If your daughter threw what was called and hit her spots - it's a win. Coaches job to call the pitches according to what he thinks will win the game- and sounds like he was right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feb 7, 2013
My take is pitchers should never feel sorry for the batter and vice versa. The only time I ever asked my pitchers to throw a change up was an attempt to induce a swing and miss or weak ground ball.

Jun 7, 2013
My take is pitchers should never feel sorry for the batter and vice versa. The only time I ever asked my pitchers to throw a change up was an attempt to induce a swing and miss or weak ground ball.

I concur. You never put a girl on the field and ask her to do less than her absolute best!

Dec 5, 2012
Mid West
I call back to back to back change ups from time to time.....Not many batters look for 2 change ups back to back, but NOOOOBODY ever expects 3 in a row

Feb 7, 2013
I call back to back to back change ups from time to time.....Not many batters look for 2 change ups back to back, but NOOOOBODY ever expects 3 in a row

At 10U state tournament, DD threw 3 consecutive change-ups to the last batter and struck her out to qualify for nationals. The coaches felt that since the batter swung and missed the first 2 change-ups, might as well throw her a third one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HCockell