Need Bat advice Please

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 6, 2013
Need some advice on what bat to possibly try next for my DD. She is 10, pretty small (4'5 75lbs) but takes a mean rip at the plate. She is a bat destroyer I guess, had a CF6 she busted in March, bought her a CF8 to replace that one...it shattered after about 2 months...DeMarini sent us a CF9 for the warranty replacement...well the CF9 cracked last night at her hitting lesson. None of these bats have seen cage balls... I'm at a lose as to what to do, she loves the DeMarini (had a Easton FS3 before switching) but I cannot afford to keep pumping out $250-300 every couple months. She swings a 29-18 right now.

What would be our best option to try? LS, Rawlings, etc.? or would a -10 Demarini be more sturdy??Price isn't an issue, just want a bat that won't fall apart on us about the time she gets them good and broken in.

Are the -11 Really that bad that they break that easily that 10 year olds are snapping them? - My DD is almost 15 she's 5' 7" 145 and strong - Swings hard and has never come close to breaking a bat - she had a CF5 for a couple of years (Actually still has it just out grew it if anyone needs one for a good price) and swung a CF8 all this year with no problems.

Jun 19, 2016
A $300 bat should be able to stand up to a 75# 10 year old. I would call Demarini and get them to send you another one.

May 16, 2016
Tell your DD to stand further off plate, and stop hitting it off the handle. The CF8 -11 is not fragile. Our entire 10u summer team was using CF8 -11s, and not one failed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06