Bat Advice!!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 12, 2020
Hello! So I am in much need of some advice. My daughter is 15 and 5'3 145 lbs. She was swinging a light weight Demarini Zen 32 -11 and hit very well. She started rolling her wrist alot. Her hitting coach believed she was rolling her wrist because the bat was too light and she was trying to muscle it. Sooo she now has been using a Demarini 33 -10. Weak hits at the plate and can't seem to square up alot of hitting off the end of the bat. So the debate is do we let her go back to the smaller bat that she can produce with but may also end up rolling her more? She will only swing Demarini and she is very picky. On a side note at hitting lessons the ball flys off the bat and she does well with the heavier bat....just not in games. What gives?

May 16, 2016
Hello! So I am in much need of some advice. My daughter is 15 and 5'3 145 lbs. She was swinging a light weight Demarini Zen 32 -11 and hit very well. She started rolling her wrist alot. Her hitting coach believed she was rolling her wrist because the bat was too light and she was trying to muscle it. Sooo she now has been using a Demarini 33 -10. Weak hits at the plate and can't seem to square up alot of hitting off the end of the bat. So the debate is do we let her go back to the smaller bat that she can produce with but may also end up rolling her more? She will only swing Demarini and she is very picky. On a side note at hitting lessons the ball flys off the bat and she does well with the heavier bat....just not in games. What gives?

I would not go back to the drop 11. Maybe have her try a 32 -10. Maybe use a teammate's bat in that length/weight before dropping another $350.

On the other-hand, if she is hitting the longer bat well in practice, then the issue is not really the bat.

Dec 12, 2020
Oh you're one of those? I was looking for helpful information. You are incorrect size and weight does matter. Obviously you are just rude. Have a blessed day!

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
Yes @Rolling Hard is one of "those"! He also happens to be correct.
I apologize for coming on so strong/sarcastic. Your batting instructor trying to place your DDs hitting woes on the bat being used seems suspect. If you want to help your DD out you would be better off posting some video of her hitting front toss and/or tee work.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brookeshaelee