Need Advice

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
I know I posted earlier today about taking a look at a -11 bat, I’m going to change my mind and agree with YOCOACH. Anna used a 30/20 her first year of 12U, that’s after using a 30/19 Miken Icon. Take a look at a 30/20 LXT or a CF, those two will be right on the money as far as the listed weight.

Sep 29, 2010
Knoxville, TN
For the most part, every inch of bat you add will affect your DD's bat speed as much as every ounce of bat weight you introduce. This means you would be adding approximately 3 ounces of bat to your DD's current swing and the bat speed will reflect that in not hitting the ball as hard or as far. If it were me and mine, I would bump her up to 30/20 and go with it. Next year, over Winter where you have time to work with her, I might, and I say might, depending upon how much she grows and puts on weight, introduce her to a 31/21 bat. The general rule is to have your DD swing the biggest bat lengthwise and weight-wise that won't affect her bat speed or mechanics. Introducing as big a jump as 3 ounces will end-definitely do that at her current size and weight. Also, an end-loaded bat, while mostly recommended for "stronger" girls, IMO is a fallacy. An end-loaded bat can be swung effectively by many players of small stature if their mechanics are sound and they get used to the feel. That said, I wouldn't recommend it for slappers although I've seen numerous slappers use them effectively if they've had years to practice hitting for power from the left side.

When DD was younger, we would add the extra ounce going to a drop 9 before adding the extra inch. I think the extra length was more detrimental to bat speed and control than the extra ounce.

May 22, 2015
Illinois
I found a cf6 new in wrapper on bats unlimited, I don't know if the site is legit or not since it seems as though they have all sizes of this bat and it's 4 years old. Seems suspect to me.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

If I remember correctly I tried to buy that same bat from them a couple of years ago. I ended up getting an e-mail that said it was not in stock, BUT they could sell me this other bat for about the same price. The old bait & switch lol. That being said I think the price he was going to give me on the newer bat was below retail.

As other have mentioned for her size I would stay away from an end loaded bat. For her size the bat she's using sounds about right. I would let her keep using it a little longer until she's ready for a 31/21 and get her another balanced bat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kyleighsdad