Ncaa team usa high school

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

1fingeredknuckler

TOUCH EM ALL
May 27, 2010
WISCONSIN
After watching Team USA and Canada briefly tonight, with the exception of the LH Fl pitcher , it appears the drag and peel, has gone to the old slam the door. Is it more international style or have a lot of these picked up or been taught the mans style. WCWS did not appear this way, kid of hard for young girls to watch if it's what i saw? :confused:

Jan 18, 2011
I didn't catch the whole game but the starting USA pitcher, don't recall her name right now, was not slamming the door at all. I don't recall Canada's pitcher slamming the door either for that matter. Are you refering to the way Canada's pitcher squared to the catcher to "field" her position? the ball was long gone before she closed. IMO. I thought they were all really good pitchers.

When I hear slamming the door I think being square to catcher when releasing the ball. I didn't see any of that.

Nov 6, 2013
Baja, AZ
I didn't catch the whole game but the starting USA pitcher, don't recall her name right now, was not slamming the door at all. I don't recall Canada's pitcher slamming the door either for that matter. Are you refering to the way Canada's pitcher squared to the catcher to "field" her position? the ball was long gone before she closed. IMO. I thought they were all really good pitchers.

When I hear slamming the door I think being square to catcher when releasing the ball. I didn't see any of that.

Sara Nevins threw the first 3, then Jolene Henderson, and Jessica Moore threw the last inning. Nevins is notorious for her leap in NCAA play and was leaping vs. Canada, but the ISF rules don't prohibit that, according to color commentary. I didn't see much difference in individual styles last night compared to watching them in D1 last spring.

1fingeredknuckler

TOUCH EM ALL
May 27, 2010
WISCONSIN
Canada starter slammed the door. The rest are excellent D1 pitchers.

TV shortens the perspective and they look more closed than in real life. No one needs to close to field their pitchers position. Look at the staggered feet on 3B for instance.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

I saved it on the DVR and replayed in slow motion, and the ones that were doing it i guess were just getting into fielding position, rest of the delivery looked good, just not used to seeing that foot come around in NCAA .
tks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi