My hand hurts

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Coach-n-Dad

Crazy Daddy
Oct 31, 2008
Oh yeah...

I only catch for DD at her lessons when I can't get one of her team catchers. I treat them to a good breakfast and it is totally worth it!!

Dec 7, 2011
OK - wait til 14U-16U and you gotta block all those drop balls - you'll forget about hurt hands real quick!

OUCH!

halskinner

Banned
May 7, 2008
Most of my catchers would take a washcloth, fold it over twice and place it between their palm and the glove. They said it helped alot.

Not to sound like a smart alec here but, that is why the glove has webbing ya know, where you are supposed to catch the ball. ')

A new glove gives more cushion than the old worn ones that are like catching with a paper sack on your hand.

If DD has a new glove, wear hers at pitching practice. Helps break hers in so not so stiff and better protection for you too.

Last edited:

Coach-n-Dad

Crazy Daddy
Oct 31, 2008
OK - wait til 14U-16U and you gotta block all those drop balls - you'll forget about hurt hands real quick!

OUCH!

Tell me about it. DD is 16, Starts on her HS team and plays 18Gold TB. There is a black home plate with a lip all around it that her PC likes to use, I refuse to catch with it in front of me. Last weekend drop balls caught the front lip and nearly got me in the jaw.

Nov 26, 2010
Michigan

OUCH!

I sit on my bucket in full gear and let the low ones go right on by. They bounce off the barn wall and roll back toward her. Last time I reached for a low one, I missed and it hit my toe (steel toe shoe) and it ricocheted straight up my leg and while I remembered the steel toed shoes that day, I did not remember the cup

Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
Most of my catchers would take a washcloth, fold it over twice and place it between their palm and the glove. They said it helped alot.

Not to sound like a smart alec here but, that is why the glove has webbing ya know, where you are supposed to catch the ball. ')

A new glove gives more cushion than the old worn ones that are like catching with a paper sack on your hand.

If DD has a new glove, wear hers at pitching practice. Helps break hers in so not so stiff and better protection for you too.
She has this crazy late movement on her fastball that rides in and down on a RH batter. And it goes from web to palm in a finger snap. Her TB coach was a AAA catcher and he hates catching her because of how many times she has caught him on the thumb

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OAFSoftballMom#1