Moving up in the box

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 28, 2017
If you are playing a really good hitting team and they move up to the very front of the box trying to hit the movement pitches before they break and you can't throw it past them, How do you counter?

Jan 28, 2017
I asking if the entire team can hit 56/57 and are basically out of the front end of the box. All our pitchers have great control and good movement but not overpowering.

Nov 9, 2021
If you are playing a really good hitting team and they move up to the very front of the box trying to hit the movement pitches before they break and you can't throw it past them, How do you counter?

I would think with good locations and good off speed pitches. Neither of those rely on the ball having time to move. Trying to change speeds is where I would start though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

May 17, 2012
Pitches aren’t thrown straight and then suddenly move at the last second.

You can’t move up in the box to offset movement. Physics doesn’t work like that.

Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
Pitches aren’t thrown straight and then suddenly move at the last second.

You can’t move up in the box to offset movement. Physics doesn’t work like that.
Well you won’t hit it before it moves. But back in the box you are letting an outside corner strike move even further from you by waiting. It’s not hit it before it moves, it’s hit it before it’s out of reach.

Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
Change speeds, move the ball up and down not just in and out. Change timing, hold the ball one pitch and then quick (within the rules) the next pitch. Make them move their feet by coming inside. A pitchers job Is to make the batter uncomfortable.

Jun 8, 2016
If a hitter wants to show me a weakness I am going to exploit it so in this case I am seeing how far off the plate I can get them to chase before I change my strategy..I don’t like hitters moving around in the box..

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
Lots of mix in change of speed.

Actually is effective throughout most every game. However up in the Box is slightly less time to make a decision AKA read the pitch.
Location always important. Don't forget that you can still throw a pitch in the dirt even though it might not reach the plate with batters standing at the front of the box the dirt is a usable location.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00