More news from the "Life isnt fair" Dept.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

obbay

Banned
Aug 21, 2008
Boston, MA
I find in games she struggles it typically against poor pitching and the 'lesser' more 'unskilled' hitters will have some success.

yeah, this happens- also the "power hitters" rack up the big numbers only against weak OF. there are a couple teams that we play that one parent refers to as "JV teams"- I actually felt bad for them because they really needed help.
we try not to make comparisons with other people and just worry about what we can control and that is ourselves.
that is great advice, right there!

Last edited:
Apr 8, 2014
I would be interested to see what type of pitching they are seeing. I find that with my own daughter (12u) when she sees bad pitching she is a mediocre hitter and when she sees good pitching she is above average. Right now she leads her team in all offensive categories but I find in games she struggles it typically against poor pitching and the 'lesser' more 'unskilled' hitters will have some success.

In her case, we try not to make comparisons with other people and just worry about what we can control and that is ourselves. Trust me it get frustrating seeing her struggle against bad pitching when Others seem to be having some success but when we do see that lights out pitcher and she is having success I am greatful that we are staying the course as we believe there is a much bigger picture down the road.

Good luck to you, I wish your daughter well
WE have this exactly too.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00