Monday Madness-First Edition

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 6, 2012
Texas
High: Speding fathers day with my kids and having my DD released form rehab this moring.

Low: No tournament, no games, and we could not even practice due to rain turning our field into a swimming pool.

Aug 26, 2011
Houston, Texas
HIGHS: Seeing DD earn starting spot at 3B; make awesome plays; after poor PAs, she got pull last game of Saturday night - they put her back in for last inning, and on 2 outs, she hit the snot out of the ball for hard line drive to LF. Made coach so happy, coach guaranteed her spot in lineup. NOTE: Coach detested opposing team's coach and wanted to beat them (him) so badly - girls were not hitting for anything so when DD did that, she jumped up and down. LOL! Oh and making lasagna with the kids for their dad for Father's day. :)

LOWS: Poor PAs, a couple of bad errors that pulled DD out of one game...and put her in RF for games on Sunday, and no pitching. Hate to have that talk but it's looking like we will have to. Oh and it was our first REALLY HOT and HUMID weekend...I think it sucked the life out of those girls!

Jul 19, 2014
Madison, WI
Interesting weekend. On Saturday DD 3 pitched most of the innings in every game in a 1-day tournament. Sunday I took DD 2 in the morning and DD 1 in the afternoon to a summer program at U of Wisconsin. DD 2 will be gone 3 weeks, DD 1 gone 6 weeks. They will come home for the July 4 weekend, though.

High points:
DD 3 was on fire pitching. About 3 weeks ago she was at another tournament, and was pitching the best she had ever pitched. Saturday she was pitching even better. Her change-up was a thing of beauty. Fooled so many girls (except for that one girl who blasted out a double).
Got to see DD 1 and DD 2 getting to go to a great program that will earn them academic scholarships at Wisconsin if they complete the programs and are accepted to UW.
DD 1 started a summer internship (I think in a genetics lab) today.

Low points:
DD 3's team lost 2 of 3 games.
DD 3's batting wasn't as good as it had been in previous tournaments.
WAY too many errors for every single player on DD 3's team. They could've won more games on Saturday...
DD 3's LL game rained out today.
DD 1 and DD 2 moved out of the house for a while on Father's Day.

Feb 7, 2013
The Bad:

Lost the first two games of double elimination PGF qualifier and the rest of our season is up in the air?

The Good:

Since we lost, I didn't have to spend another night at a rundown Hampton Inn in Beaumont/Banning (read in the middle of nowhere, USA) and got to wake up on Father's Day in my own bed.:D

Jun 19, 2013
I'm glad you put this up because it helps me focus on the good points of the weekend too, because game 4 on Sunday was my DD's worst performance ever as a fielder and it really colored rest of the day . . . and this morning in fact . . . and when I awoke in the middle of the night. So that was the low point. oh yeah and the fact that they lost ALL 4 of their games - worst tournament ever!!

But high points - the game that DD pitched completely on her own was tied and went to international tie breaker before we finally lost it. The other two games that she pitched part of she had some really nice strike outs on hitters at the top and middle of the line-up. Most of which the third strikes were chasing the rise or the cu so that was really satisfying.

02Crush

Way past gone
Aug 28, 2011
The Crazy Train
High's - Better attitude and effort amongst the players after a 6 week stretch of lows on both. Having a player back from a injury after 8 weeks to help morale.
Low's - Watching this year's group, who played awesome early on, continue to struggle to put some things together in our 4 week slump.

It will all work out in the end. Still on the field so cannot complain.

Apr 1, 2010
Not a great weekend (2-3), but two of the losses were to the teams that finished first and third out of the 21 teams in our division.

Dec 20, 2012
In the past week and half me and oldest dd have spent over 4000 miles together in the car. Finally had a few days at home. Spent fathers day with the whole family being typical okie rednecks shooting guns. Then to HOF to watch a game.

Highs: ME and oldest dd did not kill one another in the car.

Lows: there are none. It's hard to complain when you have a happy, healthy family that have a blast spending time together. Everything else really doesn't matter. Don't sweat the small stuff.

Sep 3, 2012
High: After finding out Thursday at 11:30 that our ASA State Tournament was cancelled due to the fields looking like a lake then receiving a call later that night asking us to play in a different tournament that a team had dropped out of, and we didn't have to pay a tournament fee if we could play.

Low: Losing a pitcher and 3rd basemen after dad got upset because we pulled the pitcher in the first inning of an elimination game when she allowed 4 runs. I have had both players on my team for 2 years.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChippyNole