Mizuno F20-CRBN1 vs F20-PWR CRBN

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 1, 2019
Looking to get 2nd bat (ounce heavier) for DD who already has Power Carbon and thinking about the Carbon1. Besides the Carbon1 being 1 piece vs 2 piece like PC, anyone else have any Carbon1 feedback? Seen the Carbon1 is the primary choice by many of the OK State softball players...thanks in advance for all feedback.

Last edited:
Oct 9, 2018
Texas
Looking to get 2nd bat (ounce heavier) for DD who already has Power Carbon and thinking about the Carbon1. Besides the Carbon1 being 1 piece vs 2 piece like PC, anyone else have any Carbon1 feedback? Seen the Carbon1 is the primary choice by many of the OK State softball players...thanks in advance for all feedback.
James Madison was also sporting the Carbon1.

Dec 11, 2010
I also noticed that the college players seem to prefer the Carbon 1.

Carbon 1 is a very good bat. Weight distribution is slightly different than PC. I would say PC is very balanced, Crbn1 slightly more weight out in barrel. Like the difference between LXT and Xeno.

I bought dd a 33/24 Power Carbon. I actually wish I would have bought a 33/24 Carbon 1.

Jun 8, 2016
My 9 year old is using the Carbon 1 (2019 version 31 drop 10). The sound coming off the bat is certainly different and you can easily tell the sound difference between balls that are squared up vs ones that are not..I actually like it because of that because my DD always tells me she hits it off the barrel when I ask so I need another reference :rolleyes:..LOL. She likes it though..haven't found any performance differences between that and the two piece bats she has used. Not sure that helps :)

Last edited:

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Carbon1 is a good bat and seems to be the college choice. BUT, with one piece you are going to have
feedback which most younger players don't like nowadays. And I believe ss is a little smaller than on the
Power Carbon. We had a few kids register their highest speeds with the Carbon1, but didn't float their boat.

Also doesn't have any glass cracking, thermos popping, can crunching sounds like all the two piece bats
have. Think people have grown to expect that bats need to be loud :)

May 16, 2016
Was in the Mizuno store checking out bats last week. DD liked the Power Carbon, but really like the Titanium bat. According to the hitting simulator, her highest exit velocity with the titanium was 74 mph, 4 mph over the highest she had with a power carbon. I know she will NOT like the sound it makes, as she "Loves" the sound of her Xeno.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06