Mizuno bat help

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 28, 2017
Marucci Echo Connect vs. Mizuno PC. Been swinging the Echo for two weeks and the PC out of the wrapper, PC for my DD had a lot more pop. She has used the PC for a couple of years so familiarity may have played a part. Both bats are balanced but the PC you can feel the barrel a little better, IMO. Love the Marucci grip on the bat. Neither is broken in. Just interesting to me.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Very Strange when a thread pops up about a bat and gets people to bite and buy it...then
realize its exactly what you thought it was before you bought it...hahaha. Funny how this happens.
Then crickets for a few months about it. And then another pops up again.
Even my Marucci rep laughs when we tell him about his fp bats...he agrees. They have done nothing
to make it a great bat to compete for the overall market of hitters.
Another bat is doing this now too :)

JOHNN

Just a dad of 3 girls
Aug 5, 2019
South Louisiana
Very Strange when a thread pops up about a bat and gets people to bite and buy it...then
realize its exactly what you thought it was before you bought it...hahaha. Funny how this happens.
Even my Marucci rep laughs when we tell him about his fp bats...he agrees. They have done nothing
I think the main issue with Marucci is that they dont market the FP line at all and all of the advertising is toward the baseball side. I get that they are a baseball first company, but if they were to feed off the excitement from the baseball side, theyd probably do pretty decent.

Obviously I know of Marucci really well since they are 20 mins from me, but I find it crazy that if you ask ANY parent with kids in baseball about Marucci they instantly know of them. If you did that for softball, its probably 50/50 if they know of the company.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
Anderson???

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
I think the main issue with Marucci is that they dont market the FP line at all and all of the advertising is toward the baseball side. I get that they are a baseball first company, but if they were to feed off the excitement from the baseball side, theyd probably do pretty decent.

Obviously I know of Marucci really well since they are 20 mins from me, but I find it crazy that if you ask ANY parent with kids in baseball about Marucci they instantly know of them. If you did that for softball, its probably 50/50 if they know of the company.
I am very close to the Victus factory...owned by marucci. The wood bat manufacturing is cool and neat to
go see.

You also need to make a good product that performs...not just advertise. The FX Connect was well under
performing and they did nothing about it. Then came the Echo and honestly, I dont think it was much better.
Marucci reps just laugh at their fp bats, maybe they are laughing that they got stores to buy booking orders
for it...haha.
You need to care first about the product...then have reps that know the product. Then you can go from there.
Those first couple things assist in the advertising of the product as well as actual advertising. You also cant be
scared to go out and put your product up against other bats and do demos. Maye they arent used to
a store that tries to get sales going.

Also, you cant undercut your stores...thats a problem with Marucci with their fp bats. They do some things
that cost them a lot of sales.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kyleighsdad