Miken Chill

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
I wondered why Combat completely reengineered their bats last year-or at least that's what they were trying to show us at the coaches college/convention

Exactly my point...here you already thought that Easton put their info into Combat and helped redesign their bats. This purchase didnt happen until April of this year.

My main point is that all I hear is Miken and Worth are the same. Now dont get me wrong, they work together more than most related companies and if one needs help with R&D on a said FP bat, that the other wouldnt lend some info. But they are separate and do have diff tech and research.

Sep 24, 2013
Midwest
Exactly my point...here you already thought that Easton put their info into Combat and helped redesign their bats. This purchase didnt happen until April of this year.

My main point is that all I hear is Miken and Worth are the same. Now dont get me wrong, they work together more than most related companies and if one needs help with R&D on a said FP bat, that the other wouldnt lend some info. But they are separate and do have diff tech and research.

The purchase may have been final I April but Im sure the discussions and planning started years earlier.

Now to my point-was Combat trying to get ahead on the planned changes in ownership or trying to save themselves from being bought out in their reengineering of their bats (since you have the inside scoop on all things worth/miken and now Combat :)

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
The purchase may have been final I April but Im sure the discussions and planning started years earlier.

Now to my point-was Combat trying to get ahead on the planned changes in ownership or trying to save themselves from being bought out in their reengineering of their bats (since you have the inside scoop on all things worth/miken and now Combat :)

Completely understand the final purchase wasnt til April and this takes time before, but no info would EVER be passed around til finalized. And my point is you will not see any Easton info in Combat...haha. These places are fully functioning separate ran companies just owned by somebody else. Worth and Miken just find it better to share.

Thats exactly how I got able to sell Rawlings gloves is because Rawlings is in the Jarden stable.

I am def hoping the same happens with Easton down the road...that the higher powers find it more profitable for all dealers who have Combat to automatically get Easton (as long as you can afford them :) )

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TaraLynn0207