Midwest indoor tourneys - Need help finding some

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 14, 2011
Our 14u team is looking for some indoor dome tournaments within a decent drive (4-5 hours tops) from Rock Island, IL. I have found a few but looking for more to choose from. Possible locations would be Des Moines, IA, Springfield, IL, Chicago, IL, Madison, WI, etc. If someone has any information on possible tournaments between November - March I would appreciate it.

Mar 1, 2012
If I remember correct you have to stay at the Chula Vista to play in their tournament

Jun 15, 2011
IL
We played in the Dells last year after Christmas. Nice facility, Chula Vista was fun. The tournament was full, 2 fields, only 50 minute time limits, no warmup areas, older levels were playing till 2 am. It was fine for our 10U team, not sure I would invest the time and money for older age groups.
I heard the Pekin dome is nicer than the Dells dome.

There is also a non-sanctioned tourney in Oswego, a Chicago burb: Oswego Sport Zone

Nov 14, 2011
Bummer to hear about the Dells tournament. That one was on the top of the list. If anyone has more info on that tourney please share your experience.

Apr 15, 2012
I'm very interested in this subject as well. We got rained out on our last tournament this fall and I want to find a good indoor tournament this winter. Looking for something in Jan or Feb. I think one with the midnight madness theme would be pretty cool!! If anyone has any info on one please let me know. Thanks

Jun 15, 2011
IL
The time limit was our biggest complaint. I would try contacting the tournament director and see if they made any changes to accommodate longer games.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06