"Mid Level" Glove Recommendation

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Mad Max says its a good glove too. Think I am going to get the Marucci Founder Series 11.5" Infield Glove MFGFS1150H (2018)
Quick question for you Annasdad, are you an advocate of two in the pinky?
I have two gloves here broken in TIP, and I love using both of them, BUT.....I’m old school, I prefer traditional with index finger out, and for my gloves to close thumb to middle finger.

TIP definitely has it’s advantages, one thing being for young kid being able to close a newer glove easier, and getting that index finger out of the stinger area directly behind the pocket.

So yeah, even though it’s not MY preferred method, I still like it!

And the Founders series is a older Marucci model, that was their $350+ Kip leather model equivalent to the PP and the A2K, awesome glove!

Dec 15, 2019
Thanks for all the input everyone!

Is the A1000 a big step down from the A2000?

How does the Rawlings Liberty Advanced compare?

I can’t comment on how they compare, however my daughter (10u) has the A1000 and loves it. It’s a great glove for the $75 I spent on it. Of course if you are willing to spend $150-$200 you will probably get a better glove at that price range.

Apr 23, 2020
SE Wisconsin
I found you that Global Elite for the very bottom of your budget and you’re still asking about a A1000 and a RLA, why?

Not ruling anything out yet...just trying to learn. Would a baseball glove like that GE fit looser than a fastpitch glove? DD hands still growing.

If the A1000 and RLA aren't an upgrade from her current Easton Prowess than I cross those off the list.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Not ruling anything out yet...just trying to learn. Would a baseball glove like that GE fit looser than a fastpitch glove? DD hands still growing.
Of the 4 or 5 GE‘s I’ve handled, they did have snug hand stalls, plus you can, and probably should re-lace the wrist to the tightest/smallest setting. No comparison between this and the gloves you listed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd