Metal Cleat Studs Wearing Out

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 15, 2012
Daughter plays 75 plus games a year and wears the metal cleats (studs) down to nothing. Large portion is due to wearing them on concrete as she does not always take them off and put on slides.... Currently wears Top end mizuno pitching cleat. Anyone have experience with other brands (studs) lasting longer....Ringor? Wondering if different brands have harder more durable studs.

Jun 24, 2011
This is why I buy DD the previous year's model at a substantial discount. Just got a pair of $100 Mizunos for $34.99 at that monkey store.

Dec 15, 2012
I also have done the same. Bought new balance (boys) and also addidas cleats on clearance. She likes the Mizuno Sweeps but even last years model is $59 bucks. Funny thing is she never asks for new gear, I just start to notice when it's beginning to wear out (cleats down to nothing, glove laces, pants, grips, etc....). Could care less about glasses, visors, batting gloves, etc... All she wants to do is play ball could care less about the equipment.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
Metal cleats will wear out quickly when worn on concrete surfaces. Make your DD buy her own cleats once and I bet wearing slides when she is not playing will become a lot more important to her.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Yeah, seems to be a mindset problem and not a cleat problem here :)

Not just metal, but any cleat/turf worn on pavement will wear them out.

Jan 22, 2009
South Jersey
I agree about buying last years models. I bought identical molded and metals for less than the price of new metals alone. Concrete is a killer though, bring slides.

Dec 15, 2012
I like Riseballs suggestion!

Everytime I see/hear her walking on concrete I see dollar signs. She generally removes them between games, but hardly ever after practice until she gets to the car.

She also plays a lot of games so this is also a big factor.

KCM

Mar 8, 2012
South Carolina
My DD pitches so she wears out the sides before the cleats wear down. She also is one that does not ask for equipment. Her current Mizunos have a whole on toe, by the toe and inside by the heel. Main reason for needing new ones are because they stank....bad stank...cannot even stand by her during tournaments....she says it helps keep defenders off her when she slides especially on the second time rounding bases.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kyleighsdad