Matty Moss called for IP (tennessee vs alabama)

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 1, 2014
USA
Moss places only the very front of her stride foot on the pitchers plate. It is common for her to lose contact and have her foot move an inch or so to the rear as she transfers her weight.

DD got warned for pretty much exactly that same thing last weekend in a 14U Tourney. The opposing coach at first base brought it up when she came in as relief. We now have pictures of it and sure enough, no argument she was losing that inch or so of contact at the rear of the rubber on some pitches. Just one more thing to work on now rather than later. Once it was brought up she never did it again in that game. That we saw. ;-)

There is a situation where losing contact with the stride foot is legal. See the NCAA rule below:

10�4�3 A portion of the stride foot must remain in contact with the pitcher’s plate at all times before beginning the forward step� Note: If the pitcher has toed the pitcher’s plate and, without stepping or sliding backward, simply drops her heel that forces her to lose contact with the pitcher’s plate, there is no violation.

martianr

Softball DAD
Jan 26, 2014
Whiting, Iowa
DD got warned for pretty much exactly that same thing last weekend in a 14U Tourney. The opposing coach at first base brought it up when she came in as relief. We now have pictures of it and sure enough, no argument she was losing that inch or so of contact at the rear of the rubber on some pitches. Just one more thing to work on now rather than later. Once it was brought up she never did it again in that game. That we saw. ;-)[/QUOTE
From the watch Delaine Gourley from Florida. Her back isn't even close to the rubber.

Sep 10, 2014
I don't know that they do. They also made a comment how Barnhill was the best in the SEC and absolutely destroying it this season. Not sure those 2 go hand in hand but great post and I wish they would comment on illegal pitching more

Oh they know, along with others I have tweeted several different times in different ways. One very simple " please read NCAA pitching RULE 10.4.6"

Sep 10, 2013
Oh they know, along with others I have tweeted several different times in different ways. One very simple " please read NCAA pitching RULE 10.4.6"

i'm curious. you tweeted with the commentators? what was their response? i know they probably can't say anything bad on-air, but surely tweets are okay:)

Dec 12, 2012
On the bucket
I don't know that they do. They also made a comment how Barnhill was the best in the SEC and absolutely destroying it this season. Not sure those 2 go hand in hand but great post and I wish they would comment on illegal pitching more

They know.

Adam is pretty knowledgeable from his broadcasting experience.
Amanda is well.... Amanda. She specifically doesn't leave the ground or do a replant nor does she teach it. She is one of the few pitchers who actually teaches what she does in real time.
IMO, there are higher powers at work as to why they don't say anything on TV.

Sep 10, 2014
i'm curious. you tweeted with the commentators? what was their response? i know they probably can't say anything bad on-air, but surely tweets are okay:)

They have replied to other softball topic tweets but zero response to anything pertaining to Barnhill.

Feb 7, 2013
Yeah, Curt Shilling is a perfect example how it does not matter what you post on social media. :)

Not really a fair comparison. Shilling had very strong and controversial opinions about politics....I see no problem with Amanda or Michelle having an honest and open discussion about the rules of fastpitch.

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
Not really a fair comparison. Shilling had very strong and controversial opinions about politics....I see no problem with Amanda or Michelle having an honest and open discussion about the rules of fastpitch.

A very fair comparison if you have an understanding of the culture at Disney/ESPN. If an announcer dares to go there they are done.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles