Mac Software

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 4, 2013
I'm new to the Mac community, any recommendations on software for making gifs, watching vids frame by frame, etc?

Thanks

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
First, sorry I STILL haven't remember to buy blank dvds to burn off what I said I would.

Ok, Mac. You already have quick time on it to watch frame by frame.

Now I am probably not using the cheapest easiest method of gifing. I download off the net using iskysoft video converter. Then I open the video in gif brewery. I make the gif (and can go into more detail if that is what you chose). I save that gif onto the desktop. Then I open the gif in gifquickmaker. In that app I can go through every frame and delete duplicate frames....can adjust speed...adjust pause length between frames....and do those moving around of frames to make things like the repeating launch swings I do. Then resave on desktop...and go on safari to my photobucket account to upload and share on the net. It's many steps, but it now only takes me about 10 minutes.

Dec 4, 2013
Thanks RHC I will get started downloading this stuff. I remember you saying you were a Mac guy so you were my first PM before I posted this, but your inbox is full!

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
There MIGHT be better ways; so maybe hold off a day or so. Noontime, Tewks, and Knightsb are all Mac guys too so maybe they have a slightly easier method than I use.

Josh Greer

DFP Vendor
Jul 31, 2013
Central Missouri
I'm not a Mac guy, but Adobe products are pretty universal. Why not pick up Adobe Premiere Elements and make GIFs and a whole lot more. It would be a waste to use it just for frame by frame, but it will do that too.

Jun 18, 2010
Spartans, I use QuickTime>File>Record Screen to record Espn3 or watchespn. This creates a .mov file. Next I use QuickTime>Edit>Trim to select the specific portion I want to gif. Last I use Adobe Image Ready to generate the gif from the .mov file. Getting from the .mov to the .gif is the hardest part for me.

Dec 29, 2011
Tempe, Az
So if you just want to turn a video into a gif without any extra software just use gfycat.com its browser based and will allow you to select i think up to 10 seconds from a clip. I believe you can upload your own video or select say a youtube video and create a pretty good gif.

Jul 10, 2014
C-bus Ohio
I use gifrocket - very Mac-like. Just drag and drop your trimmed video onto the app, instant gif. I use iMovie for making the videos, but only because I haven't tried QT yet. I will also be exploring RHC's method for ripping online video - definitely the most difficult thing for me (because I'm lazy and don't want to work at it).

Dec 4, 2013
Florida 3 run HR.jpg

I used gifrocket to create gif, but it is not playing when uploaded.....any suggestions?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA