Lop sidded games

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Top_Notch

Screwball
Dec 18, 2014
Unless the P can not throw a Strike I say let the offense have fun.

We had a parent follow our coach into the parking to discuss the finer points of our rather large run differential after a game. (All hits from good pitching)
And this was at an open State tournament! So people can, will, and do take offense.

Jun 11, 2013
What's tough with a HS game or in League play is that if it's your only game of the day you have to not let your kids hit. It's much easier in tournaments to step off,etc to end a game. It was great to see North Salem get on the board on 4/12 though.

Jun 12, 2015
The coach we played with last week did things like bunting with the bases loaded. But the catcher fielded it and made a bad throw to first so it didn't work and he had to have them leave early. Once a team way up on us had all their batters hit lefty. That somehow seemed more insulting than leaving early. Another coach we played with had everyone bunt, basically for practice. You really can't win no matter what you do.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

May 17, 2012
It's hard to pump the breaks sometimes. The flipside is that we pay a lot of money to pay in these tournaments. Our girls work really hard at practice during the week as well.

Last time we had a girl step off the batter hit her first HR over the fence. It didn't count.

Next time I will give a take sign to the batter and then step off. I really hate stepping off.

MTR

Jun 22, 2008
Gotta love how everyone seems to think it is okay to place the onus on the umpire to control your game.

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
What, you want me To?

That has disaster written all over it.

I will go over to opposing coach to get a consensus ump needs to get a clue. ��

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00