Looking for feedback-10U TB Swing

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 25, 2011
Southern Illinois
My dd takes hitting lessons but I myself watch a lot of videos and buy dvd's to see what people are teaching. If you wanna educate yourself(which I recommend) devour this message board, and then look up videos by a guy named Justin Stone. He is outta Chicago(If I lived a lil closer I would have both my kids there) He also has an excellent dvd that I try to make everyone watch. OOOOOOOO and he does skype lessons over the internet! So if there is noone in your are check him out. I say check him out anyway.
I know some peeps around Paducah but that is Western, KY.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
softball_mom,
I to was/is where you are know.I too realize that I had to educate myself first.There are way to many "coaches" out there who have no clue and how would I know if I didn't have a clue.I highly recomend the Megan1-tee post.This post has everything you will need to get you started in the right way.I also would look at the video's posted by the dads and moms of their DD's and then pay attention to what suggestions were made to improve their swing.Work from the bottom up.Get the bottom right first,then move to the top half.Learn the proper sequence.Ask questions.Good luck.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
mom#7,
Another good post is "Thoughts on daughter's swing'' started by dukie.It will help "exterminate" the bug squishing(see what I did there?)lol.If you want take a look at my posts of my DD.She did probably everthing your DD is doing.My DD was a bug squisher,level swinger,hands to the ball and bat dragger...ect.Same thing as you moved from rec ball to TB.thought swing was good,but it wasn't.What you find is the pitchers are better and will get better as DD gets older.Your DD is young and has time to learn the proper sequence.Your DD will get alot better,because she has a mom who will get alot better with all the hitting knowledge you will learn.

Jul 12, 2012
On the bleachers
We are going to be doing tee work everyday this week. I read last night till I couldn't read anymore and I'm taking notes. We have decided to not play rec. ball anymore and only play TB. Hopefully not have 3-4 coaches who are a bit clueless where batting is concerned will help. If I had known now, (and had the resources from this site we may not be in this position. But life is full of lessons and we all keep learning and growing. I said I would try to take more video. It's definitely harder at a tournament, lol. I was so into the game. Here is an 9 second clip of her swinging a team mates bat. Her dad called it a "big girl bat" and told my daughter she needed to swing a lighter bat and could swing a "big girl bat" when she was bigger. This ball was hit to the outfield and caught by the center fielder.

Dec 9, 2011
Softballmom I understand your situation, there are alot of coaches out there that don't really know how to break down a swing in order to help an athlete. (goes for boys and girls) It's also really tough to do it during practice. That's why you do need to find a HC. One on one time to get things done and done in the right way. The next question is how far are you willing to travel every week to get this done? How much work is she, I mean your daughter not mom and dad, willing to put into it. Are you willing to travel 2-4 hours every week? I know a couple of people but you have to travel.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
You can get a HC which may or may not improve your DD swing.Remember that your DD maybe with that HC 1-2 hours a week maybe more if you can afford it.You have your DD the rest of the time.You see your DD at tournys and practice.So I would learn as much about the swing sequence as I could.Don't be afraid to pick up a bat and try swinging yourself.You and your DD need to put in the time to get better.If you don't already buy a tee and a bucket of softballs and start practicing what you learned on this site.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi