Looking for a tournament

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 4, 2015
Olathe, KS
My DD plays on an 18A team and they are looking to travel out of the area for a tournament that is not a National, or Qualifier or Exposure. They do enough of these, but they want to go somewhere that has good competition, good fields, is a well run tournament, to get a chance to play teams they would not normally get a chance to play against. Since they will be traveling the girls and families will be looking for something to do afterhours.

We are based out of the Kansas City area and are willing to travel 8 hours by car. We have done Denver/Oklahoma/South Dakota/Iowa and Nebraska. The girls indicated they would like to try Texas (Dallas/Fort Worth), Arkansas, Western Tennessee, Illinois (St. Louis or Western Chicago Suburbs).

I figured if there was a place to go for this information this would be the place. If you know of something you can recommend please post the information and I will forward it on so that the families can make a decision.

Thanks

Feb 4, 2015
Olathe, KS
So know one on here can recommend a local weekend 18A tournament in any of these areas? I can recommend several tournaments if you are interested in coming to the KC area for a weekend tournament that are well run with quality teams at all levels. ASA or USSSA your choice both groups have several well attended tournaments during the spring and summer.

Sep 29, 2014
Been away from Texas for a while but you could try IFA/VTD tournaments. The facility and guys who ran the tournaments outside San Antonio were great but I can't vouch for the guys in Dallas/Arlington area.

fastpitchsoftball.net

If you are looking for USSSA or ASA tons of online resources just google away pick a couple then maybe ask again listing specific tournaments you are thinking about, plus listing dates would help.

Feb 4, 2015
Olathe, KS
Thanks for the replies. I have/can search(ed) the alphabet soup websites and can easily find tourneys that will fit in the dates they are looking at, but I want to hear from someone who has or will be playing in some of the tournaments.

To give you an idea of what I am looking for:

if you come to Kansas City for a weekend tournament then I would recommend the USSSA MSP Hawaiian Hitfest. The baseball side of it is the largest youth baseball tournament in the US and the Softball side is just as good and growing. You get teams from all over the region and the fields they use are usually well maintained and it is well run. Along with that there is tons of stuff to do in the KC area such as Worlds of Fun, a Royals game, Negro League Baseball Museum, plenty of shopping and for food there is the famous KC BBQ.

I want to be able to give this information to the parents and players so they can make a decision. Any information on tournaments in the area I originally posted would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00