Little sister FINALLY played in her first game and did great.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 26, 2019
I am coaching my youngest girls 10u team, we had our first game wed night. I signed her up for 10u as an 8 year old, and our organization would not let her play, as a 9 year old her season was canceled by covid, last fall they didn’t have enough girls sign up to field a team. So here I have 11 girls that are second year 10u, moving to 12 next year and not one girl has ever played.
She wants to pitch and is a work in progress like the rest of them, but I needed a catcher pretty bad. Inpitched her Bff and caught her, with a 15 minute crash course on catchingin tbe living room the night before. They played together as well as I could possibly hope for. She caught the whole first game in 90 plus heat and high humidity.
Then the following happened: The second game I had her in center field, our other catcher gave a pretty weak throw to the pitcher andit got by the pitcher and slowly rolled between the pitcher, 2b and SS and they are all walking towards it, panting like dogs nobody realizeing its a live ball except my girl in center field who is RUNNING in looking pissed. At that point the baserunner at second base decides to step off second base to give the ball back to the pitcher. (Yes, that really happened) daughters face lights up like a xmas tree, the umpire yells for the base runner to get back to the base and my daughter runs up behind the base runner, beats her to the ball and tags her. Blue cringed, shook his head and said “We are callin that an out” I felt bad for the girl that was trying to be helpful as did Blue but I was pretty impressed with her hustle and presence of mind after playing that long on the heat.

Aug 1, 2019
I am coaching my youngest girls 10u team, we had our first game wed night. I signed her up for 10u as an 8 year old, and our organization would not let her play, as a 9 year old her season was canceled by covid, last fall they didn’t have enough girls sign up to field a team. So here I have 11 girls that are second year 10u, moving to 12 next year and not one girl has ever played.
She wants to pitch and is a work in progress like the rest of them, but I needed a catcher pretty bad. Inpitched her Bff and caught her, with a 15 minute crash course on catchingin tbe living room the night before. They played together as well as I could possibly hope for. She caught the whole first game in 90 plus heat and high humidity.
Then the following happened: The second game I had her in center field, our other catcher gave a pretty weak throw to the pitcher andit got by the pitcher and slowly rolled between the pitcher, 2b and SS and they are all walking towards it, panting like dogs nobody realizeing its a live ball except my girl in center field who is RUNNING in looking pissed. At that point the baserunner at second base decides to step off second base to give the ball back to the pitcher. (Yes, that really happened) daughters face lights up like a xmas tree, the umpire yells for the base runner to get back to the base and my daughter runs up behind the base runner, beats her to the ball and tags her. Blue cringed, shook his head and said “We are callin that an out” I felt bad for the girl that was trying to be helpful as did Blue but I was pretty impressed with her hustle and presence of mind after playing that long on the heat.
Awesome job!!! Just the start of many softball memories!!!! Keep it going!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00