Likely on purpose. Catcher hits batter in head.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 8, 2019
I’m sorry, but if you have EVER helped someone with throwing mechanics (even if you’re not very good at it), then you have all been around this game long enough to recognize an attempted throw down to the base vs trying to hit a target three feet in front of her.

I get that there are instances where the attempt is better disguised as a real throw and the decision is more difficult (1st time warn, maybe even with the int call), but in this case, if you are trying to justify it, it would seem you are looking for the out for when you make the call On your team.

Quit allowing people to behave this way. It is the same mentality that justifies abusing officials as acceptable when they “blow” a call, and it’s not that big a step from either of these situations to doing it to their own players.

Demand better! We’re above that bush league crap!

Oct 17, 2022
Player should be ejected and banned from playing. Coach/AD fired by ISD as this is not only allowed but seems to be encouraged conduct as it has happened multiple times. It has no place in sports and an example needs to be made.

This has made me so mad all day long watching it...

May 17, 2012
Player should be ejected and banned from playing. Coach/AD fired by ISD as this is not only allowed but seems to be encouraged conduct as it has happened multiple times. It has no place in sports and an example needs to be made.

This has made me so mad all day long watching it...

Remember every time you see a jackass coach there is a group of parents enabling them.

Last edited:
Jul 27, 2021
Multiple Games, Multiple Times..... WTF

The Ump just stood there. Umps even got suckered in to giving outs.

So many guilty people.

Jun 19, 2016
This is 2A softball in the middle of nowhere. They have more tumbleweeds then people. Is it possible this girl is just really bad? We all seen 12U games where the catcher launched the ball in the outfield. I have actually seen in it 14U.

Aug 25, 2019
Wow, both times the batter moved back to give the catcher a clear, unobstructive throw to 3B. I've called interference on batter a few times when the batter backs out of the box, but the ball got away to the left of the catcher and she retrieved to throw to 3B. But this is ridiculous, too bad when the bases were loaded the runner on 3rd didn't come home, still a live ball. At least that catchers team lost.

May 29, 2015
Multiple Games, Multiple Times..... WTF

The Ump just stood there. Umps even got suckered in to giving outs.

So many guilty people.

Here is the thing with that ... How is the umpire to know about the history? In MLB, umpires get a Head's Up Report pre-game about any potential issues with the teams playing that day. As high school umpires, we're lucky if we even know who the visiting team is that day.

Agreed that I don't like the look the umpires are giving off during this. I'm also not sure why they are wearing college uniforms for a high school game, especially if it is post-season.

May 29, 2015
Wow, both times the batter moved back to give the catcher a clear, unobstructive throw to 3B. I've called interference on batter a few times when the batter backs out of the box, but the ball got away to the left of the catcher and she retrieved to throw to 3B. But this is ridiculous, too bad when the bases were loaded the runner on 3rd didn't come home, still a live ball. At least that catchers team lost.

I will say this up front: I do not like the accepted interpretation on this rule.

ANY movement by the batter opens them up to a potential interference call. The only thing that 100% absolves the batter is NOT moving, even if NOT moving leaves them more in the way.

Being in the box or out of the box means nothing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00