Light Weight Glove for 10U Pitcher

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 28, 2016
I searched the forum and found some basic info but not enough that I'm comfortable making a purchase. My DD is a 10U ASA pitcher this coming spring and needs a smaller glove for that position. Last year I bought a 12" thinking bigger is better and now she is pitching. Her instructor would like her to get a smaller lighter glove. She is just 9 and a very small 9 with small arms and her glove arm gets tired. Light weight is the priority, not price.

Thanks.

Great Forum!

Dec 28, 2016
Fortus:
I read in another thread here the Fortus won't hold up to travel. She plays a lot!

MVP:
I held a MVP, I like Mizuno gloves but the MVP seemed heavy.

Are the mesh backs lighter? Such as the Vinci. The Academa claim to be light weight?

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Fortus:
I read in another thread here the Fortus won't hold up to travel. She plays a lot!

MVP:
I held a MVP, I like Mizuno gloves but the MVP seemed heavy.

Are the mesh backs lighter? Such as the Vinci. The Academa claim to be light weight?

Yes, mesh gloves are lighter. Here's my take on the Fortus, and that LS HD9 I sent you the link to, they're disposable, they're cheap, and they're easy to break in for a reason, a 10 year old is using it. If a $54.95 glove gets her though her first year of 10U and she likes it get her another one to finish out 10U, you've got a little over a $100.00 in 2 years of play. If she moves to 12U early or when she does move up you'll need to buy her a larger better glove anyway......Man I love gloves but a 9 year old, especially a small 9 year old just don't need a rock hard kip leather Vinci, A2000, or Heart of the Hide glove. 12U is when girls start needing higher quality gloves, or at least that's how it was with us.

Dec 28, 2016
yes, mesh gloves are lighter. Here's my take on the fortus, and that ls hd9 i sent you the link to, they're disposable, they're cheap, and they're easy to break in for a reason, a 10 year old is using it. If a $54.95 glove gets her though her first year of 10u and she likes it get her another one to finish out 10u, you've got a little over a $100.00 in 2 years of play. If she moves to 12u early or when she does move up you'll need to buy her a larger better glove anyway......man i love gloves but a 9 year old, especially a small 9 year old just don't need a rock hard kip leather vinci, a2000, or heart of the hide glove. 12u is when girls start needing higher quality gloves, or at least that's how it was with us.

great advice!

Thank you!

Apr 5, 2013
Back on the dirt...
I really like the fortus I recently received from drakmir. It's def not a long term glove but it will break in easy! Plus, we spend $2-300 on bats each year. If thi she glove gives out, ill get another until she gets a little Older and stronger and then I'll get something more durable. (More expensive $$$) :)

Dec 28, 2016
She borrowed a used Wilson 11.5" mesh. Only weights 1.05 lbs. But very deep pocket. I'll keep looking.

Thank you. I'll read up more on the Fortus

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaci’s biggest fan