Let DD Pitch to me last night

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 15, 2010
Almost every pitching practice my DD begs me to get into the batter's box and let her pitch to me. I generally refuse on two grounds: 1) I am 6' 5" and if I connect with a pitch I could seriously hurt her even though she wears the GameFace. 2) I have played ball at various competitive levels for 40 years and, even though I have lost a step, I am still a very good hitter.

Well, long story short. First at bat DD throws chest high heat, line it to left center field. Second at bat she pitches heat inside and I pull it down the 3rd base line. Third at bat she starts off with drop, foul it off. Second pitch, chin high heater that I go after (my girls gave me grief on that pitch "hey coach don't give the pitcher any help"). Now I was ready. I know my DD. In this situation her favorite pitch is high and outside. I toe up on the line and stare her down. She goes into her motion and my eyes remain fixed on her arm. Sure enough the exact pitch I was expecting. I power up and swing with all my might. As I am following through on the swing I realize the pitch is still making its way to the plate. Change up. Fooled me completely. If you were walking by and heard the cheer from my girls you would have thought we had just won a national title.

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
Haha, that's pretty funny.

I'm kinda like you, seen some 95 mph pitchers in college. But my DD has really started being a smart a$$ when I get in the box now. She loves to throw a high hard inside pitch about 2 inches off my chin. " Just brushing you back dad ", she says.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd