Leaving early? Take it all back!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 29, 2015
Softball finally getting some Close Call Sports love!

So many things near and dear to my heart here ... We have Mississippi (even if it is State), we have a damned fine call by an umpire, we have a crazy assistant coach who is dressed like an umpire, and we have runs coming back off the board ...

Take it away Lyndsey!

Dec 11, 2010
I can tell you first hand that guy can’t manage to not be a d*^% getting on and off a hotel elevator.

He was being himself in that video according to the 14 seconds of time I spent with him.

May 16, 2016
Bad call by 1st base Ump, IMHO. Maybe making up for a missed call earlier in count. But on this pitch, it was about as close to simultaneous as you can get.

1680535649016.png

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida
Softball finally getting some Close Call Sports love!

So many things near and dear to my heart here ... We have Mississippi (even if it is State), we have a damned fine call by an umpire, we have a crazy assistant coach who is dressed like an umpire, and we have runs coming back off the board ...

Take it away Lyndsey!

Enjoy your 8 game suspension. He should minimally get this much.

I swear, every time I do call a runner leaving early there is ALWAYS a hit and while it has never gone this far, it is always leads to an upset coach out there who has NO idea if the runner left early or not and almost always says "You can't make that call" (which is clearly not the case).

Making a 'delayed dead ball' has made it worse in the NCAA because you have to let the play, play out (as we saw here)
At least in HS/Travel it is an immediate dead ball and a no-pitch.

Dec 6, 2019
Even if the call is wrong, there is nothing justifying this type of reaction to a judgment call. What a child. He's not "fighting for his players." He's just an imbecile.

Jul 19, 2021
t is always leads to an upset coach out there who has NO idea if the runner left early or not and almost always says "You can't make that call" (which is clearly not the case).
This is what happens when umpires refuse to make that call for all of these years. Coaches have started to assume the call won't be made and when it is made, they go ape. At some point there needs to be an emphasis put on making that call on a regular basis so that everyone can get back to expecting it to be called whenever an infraction occurs instead of about as often as Hailey's comet comes around..

May 29, 2015
Bad call by 1st base Ump, IMHO. Maybe making up for a missed call earlier in count. But on this pitch, it was about as close to simultaneous as you can get.

View attachment 27718

Or ... you know ... maybe it actually was the right call made for the right reason. Just saying. He had an amazing angle and position to make that call. That cannot happen with a 2-umpire crew.

I will say it is hard to tell with the angle in the video, but go a few frames past the screen shot you posted.

May 29, 2015
Even if the call is wrong, there is nothing justifying this type of reaction to a judgment call. What a child. He's not "fighting for his players." He's just an imbecile.

What? No. He is defending his players! That's his job! Somebody has to ... stand up ... against ... calls ... that go against them ... something, something, tyranny ... no better than the animals ... something, something , dark side ... yadda ... yadda ... yadda ...

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aclee4414