Lauren Hagar is throwing...bulletspin everythings...

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

sluggers

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 26, 2008
Dallas, Texas
LOL...and we wonder how come Daddies and Mommies are confused when they listen to this crap from "experts".

High bullet spin = rise ball
Low inside bullet spin = screw

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/rZzSBbFyvRk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:
Mar 19, 2014
central Maine
LOL...and we wonder how come Daddies and Mommies are confused when they listen to this crap from "experts".

High bullet spin = rise ball
Low inside bullet spin = screw

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/rZzSBbFyvRk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Almost every pitch my DD releases comes off like some sort of a bullet spin. She has success with her pitching and she's having fun. I don't see what the big deal is. It's not like she will be signing a multi-million dollar major league softball contract when she graduates from college. Some of this stuff is just over-analyzed. Just my opinion.

May 30, 2013
Binghamton, NY
I am paraphrasing from a forum member's comment to me in a past thread:
"If you can throw the ball 68-70mph, you can spin it however you want!"

May 31, 2012
I've been saying this about haegar since she came to uf. Even her curve is just an outside pitch with bullet spin. So what's more important location and speed or movement.

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
I've been saying this about haegar since she came to uf. Even her curve is just an outside pitch with bullet spin. So what's more important location and speed or movement.

I typically stay out of the pitching threads, but my answer to your question is Yes! :) A pitcher can be effective either way. It is a matter of how she uses the tools she has. Think about the 100 mile an hour fastball of Oraldis Chapman vs. the 80 mile an hour fastball of Jamie Moyer. Moyer was never capable of blowing people away, but he was still effective.

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL

Location is paramount to success. Velocity and movement will make you more successful but place in the wrong location a pitch is likely to get hammered.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd