Last rec league game tonight . . .

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 22, 2010
. . . and probably DD's last game as a pitcher. She's probably going to play Jr. High ball in the fall, but she's not going to pitch there, and it's unlikely we'll be able to find a league to play in next summer (not much 14U rec ball going on here), so this particular team is probably at the end of its run.

Kind of a bittersweet moment; it's been a fun ride, but it's had its frustrations too. I've managed to mostly keep my mouth shut and enjoy the games (not easy for an on-and-off ump and an ex-coach!).

A general thanks to everybody here for all the advice and entertainment. I don't post much, but I read a lot.

obbay

Banned
Aug 21, 2008
Boston, MA
She's probably going to play Jr. High ball in the fall, but she's not going to pitch there,
you never know... I am amazed at the lack of pitchers in our area. I'm seeing a lot of girls pitching who just are not pitchers, but they think they are (they don't work at it, just their preferred position).

I guess it all comes down to how things shake out, but when my oldest was U10 and even U12, it looked like all the pitching spots were sewn up. I don't know what happened- growth? change of interests? that established heirarchy of pitchers is long since gone.

you never know....

May 26, 2010
Central NJ
you never know... I am amazed at the lack of pitchers in our area. I'm seeing a lot of girls pitching who just are not pitchers, but they think they are (they don't work at it, just their preferred position).

I guess it all comes down to how things shake out, but when my oldest was U10 and even U12, it looked like all the pitching spots were sewn up. I don't know what happened- growth? change of interests? that established heirarchy of pitchers is long since gone.

you never know....

So true. My DD is starting at a new middle school next year (8th grade), and might be pitching. She's never pitched in a game, but likes to fool around with it to relax. Her new school's only pitcher last year was in 6th grade (will be in 7th grade this year). My DD's new middle school softball coach is interested in seeing her pitch. DD intends to start practicing seriously between now and March, and we'll see about having her take private lessons with a pitching coach after the travel ball season is finished.

My DD plays OF for her travel team and former middle school team. One of the pitchers on the travel team thinks she could be a pitcher, so who knows? Never say never.

Jan 12, 2011
Vienna, VA
Our organization has a summer league which runs from mid June through the end of July. We have big teams to account for players missing games due to vacations, other activities, etc. and play double headers one night a week. Maybe a couple of practices. Basically just fun.

Jun 25, 2011
Boise , ID
My favorite thing about going to my DD's last rec league game was knowing I was done with coaching . I have been a part of the coaching staff for both my Daughters different sports for 8 or 9 years and while it was great being a part of it all I am so ready to sit back and watch them compete from the bleachers . I will probably miss getting to know a new batch of kids every year but I am guessing they won't miss being the coaches Daughter ;)

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CentralCoastBulldogs