Knuckleball

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 19, 2009
I work with my dd on a knuckleball as an alternative to her change up. She is 10. Up until today it has never been a true knuckleball - it has spin. However it has been a reliable off speed pitch whenever she struggles with her change up.

At any rate, I've been drilling her to try and make sure her thumb is the last thing to touch the ball on release and today she actually pitched three true knuckleballs that danced!

We came in afterward and she was so excited she told my wife "I threw knuckleballs that actually 'knucked'"! My wife cracked up - "is there such a verb as 'to knuck'?". I think there is now.

Oct 22, 2009
Mine threw what we called a "knuckleless knuckleball" She palmed the ball then at release she kept her elbow back behind her and allowed it to bump her hip, thus bumping the ball out of her hand. It was just a nasty pitch and the only she ever threw that actually hit me in the face. I got a cut on my face when it broke my sunglasses and a black eye.

It costs me $60 at the eye doctor for her to tell me my eyes were fine I was just a poor catcher.:eek:

Oct 19, 2009
Mine threw what we called a "knuckleless knuckleball" She palmed the ball then at release she kept her elbow back behind her and allowed it to bump her hip, thus bumping the ball out of her hand. It was just a nasty pitch and the only she ever threw that actually hit me in the face. I got a cut on my face when it broke my sunglasses and a black eye.

It costs me $60 at the eye doctor for her to tell me my eyes were fine I was just a poor catcher.:eek:

Can you post some video of that?

halskinner

Banned
May 7, 2008
If you go to the sticky threads in 'Grips', you will find one of my knuckleball grips that I taught to as young as 9-years old. Grip looks almost like a peel drop grip.

Hal

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceez12