Kids, don't be stupid

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 25, 2011
Southern Illinois
Therehas been a great shift in our country. A few decades ago athletes were given a lot of leeway with regards to their actions. Not so much any more. Law enforcement and local goverments no longer tolerate degenerate behavior from athletes. I know a lot of people complain about football, especially SEC football, but over the past off season many "star" players were dismissed from programs(one a Heisman trophy finalist) due to off the field behavior. I am glad to see that prominent programs are leading the way in making these people accountable. Even NFL teams are no longer tolerating this kind of behavior.
At the same time these kids should not just be discarded but helped.
Did anyone get any solid information about the UF sofballers that were dismissed? (Another SEC team:))
At the same time kids will be kids and there is a difference between pranks and delinquent behavior. A kid should not be arrested for egging a house, but destroying property or assaulting another personis a major no no!

Last edited:
Aug 12, 2012
NorCal
Therehas been a great shift in our country. A few decades ago athletes were given a lot of leeway with regards to their actions. Not so much any more. Law enforcement and local goverments no longer tolerate degenerate behavior from athletes. I know a lot of people complain about football, especially SEC football, but over the past off season many "star" players were dismissed from programs(one a Heisman trophy finalist) due to off the field behavior. I am glad to see that prominent programs are leading the way in making these people accountable. Even NFL teams are no longer tolerating this kind of behavior.
At the same time these kids should not just be discarded but helped.
Did anyone get any solid information about the UF sofballers that were dismissed? (Another SEC team:))
At the same time kids will be kids and there is a difference between pranks and delinquent behavior. A kid should not be arrested for egging a house, but destroying property or assaulting another personis a major no no!

Sami will be transferring to Missouri and Kasey would be attending the University of Arkansas.
Per NCAA rules, as inner-conference transfers, both of them will have to sit out next season before being eligible to play in 2014.
Coyle will be attending Arizona State University.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA