Just wanted to share.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 19, 2009
For The past 2 years I have had a problem with my heart being out of rhythm, which caused numerous complications which resulted in hospital stays, missed work and missed time devoted to DD and softball. Just recently I missed 10 weeks of work and had just returned to work on 06/30/14.

Although I was not sure how it would go I took my 19 YO DD to the front yard to help her with her pitching, I only helped her with her spins and not going full speed it felt good to throw with her again. Below is what a friend sent to me she posted on her face book, I thought it was worth sharing.

Proud dad!!!!!!!!!! :)

From DD
I am proud to say that for the first time in over a year my dad got outside today and helped me practice my pitching!!! Softball has been my dad’s passion ever since I decided to play and he has been my coach for going on forever now! He missed me playing my freshman year in college bc he was sick and if you know my dad you know how tough that was for him! He's come a long way from not being able to come to any of my games to helping me practice!!! It felt so good to be able to do that again with him!!!!!

Congrats!!! Good for you!!! I was a pitcher and the time I spent with my dad is what I truly miss the most! Now that I'm the mom of a pitcher it puts that in perspective. This past weekend my dad and I talked a little bout the old days... turns out he misses the same thing. I hope that I can do for my dd what my dad did for me. He is the reason I am what I am today.

Oct 3, 2009
Peppers, thanks for sharing. I hope you continue getting better and have many, many more sessions with your DD. Her facebook post is awesome, you must be very proud!

mike s

Pitcher's Dad
Jul 18, 2011
Northern IL
As I was told in basic when your up to your a** in alligators sometimes its hard to remember the mission is to drain the swamp. Sure we are teaching them pitching/hitting/fielding but really we are teaching them so much more. Thanks for sharing. Good luck and good health.
Mike

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
Peppers,
One day at a time. Take it slow and easy. Your GDD/GDS will be needing you to catch for her/him in the future.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DDubyah