Just an AWESOME rant on NJ.com!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 22, 2009
PA
I don't know who posted this on NJ.com, but agree with everything he says:

I was at a league meeting recently for my dd and the topic came up of a local older player I know (who I guess no one realized I knew) who in the past few months made a verbal commitment. Instead of being happy for her all the talk was of how they didn't think she didn't deserve it, player wasn't that good, or the school probably isn't that competitive or their kid is just as good as her. It could all be true but it frankly made me sick. If anyone knows this player she was always working hard at her game. She was always the first at practice, last to leave. She missed parties and other social events for softball. She loves the game. She is a great student, a team player and a nice young lady who has sacrificed a lot to get all she has earned. I ended up leaving that meeting in an argument with these jealous haters. You all know who you are.

I know your kids and you the parents. You are all jealous. All you do is make excuses. Its likely your kids wont ever play in college because they don't know what it takes to do it. Softball scholarships are rare. Your kids are lazy. Excuses like it's too cold to practice, I don't need lessons, practice is too early, I don't want to do it that way, no one ever taught me that... they can't even pack or carry their own dang bag. They are 18u and they wait for daddy to pack and carry their own bag. You know exactly who you are. There is someone working harder than your kid right now who will take her spot.

You are adults. It's disgusting to talk that way about a kid who works hard and achieves a goal they have been working hard for. Stop being jealous and feeling sorry for yourself and your kid. They are not entitled to everything you think they are. You will see that reality soon if its not already settling in. Please tell her to stop her Alabama dreams. She is a Junior. She doesn't pack her own bag. She is lazy and has an attitude. Reality check. Alabama is not going to discover someone 6th team or whatever all league that complains when you tell her to practice.

Yes. I know my kids aren't D1 material but thats not why they play. They play because they love it and I'm not chasing a scholarship dream for them like you idiots with your lazy kids.

ok. i've said my peace. flame on hater!!! and go pack you kids bag for school ball. she might forget something.

Jan 27, 2010
NJ
I'm actually embarrassed by some of the posts from fellow NJ SB parents on that site. As soon as DD gets her diploma I am outta here.

Sep 18, 2011
"Go pack your kids' bag" - that's priceless. In DD's org, the kids are 100% responsible for not only their own gear, but for everything. Practice balls, nets, tees... everything. As coach J told them at their first org practice (13U), "Do you see me using the equipment? No!! You use it. You carry it."

Jan 22, 2009
South Jersey
You know, New Jersey often gets a bad rap for it's quality of softball. All I know is on any given weekend you can go out and find some pretty competitive ball being played all over the state. Are there too many teams? Not if any girl that wants to play is playing at the level she should play at. If one girl is helped to get into college because of her ability to play softball she should be celebrated, not ridiculed or downgraded. When I was part of our town travel program we had a girl on our 18U team commit to play ball at a D3 school. We made such a big deal out of it you would think she was going to Oklahoma! She was embarrassed from the attention but her parents appreciated it.

Oct 22, 2009
PA
I've always found it interesting which posts on that forum get removed by the moderators. I was looking forward to reading the replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06