Jordy Bahl is a Husker now - no surprise

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Strike2

Allergic to BS
Nov 14, 2014
Maybe there's some "If you want to be the best, you have to beat the best." She hasn't beaten the best lineup yet because they were her teammates.
Next year she may be able to do that.

As I recall, she was pretty effective in the intersquad games OU set up last fall. I'll wager those were the only team scrimmages that ESPN covered. She pitched well, hit well (off other OU starters), and played at least two other positions (LF & 2B). Could be a similar situation with Nebraska. I'll wager she's in the batting lineup whether she's pitching or not.

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2016
As I recall, she was pretty effective in the intersquad games OU set up last fall. I'll wager those were the only team scrimmages that ESPN covered. She pitched well, hit well (off other OU starters), and played at least two other positions (LF & 2B). Could be a similar situation with Nebraska. I'll wager she's in the batting lineup whether she's pitching or not.
While I do think Patty would have had her in the lineup more if she thought she was better than the other options (she had no issue hitting Keilani) I think the fact that she will likely hit more at Nebraska may have played a (major?) roll in the move.I guess the question is if that was the case, should Patty have been willing to sacrifice a little bit of hitting to keep her around..? I would say yes but I haven't won 7 National Championships..Of course I am sure there were other reasons for leaving (some stated...and some not) so that may have not made a difference in the long run. I will say if the hitting thing was
an issue, she wasn't going to say it in her statement when she announced she was leaving :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

Strike2

Allergic to BS
Nov 14, 2014
While I do think Patty would have had her in the lineup more if she thought she was better than the other options (she had no issue hitting Keilani) I think the fact that she will likely hit more at Nebraska may have played a (major?) roll in the move.I guess the question is if that was the case, should Patty have been willing to sacrifice a little bit of hitting to keep her around..? I would say yes but I haven't won 7 National Championships..Of course I am sure there were other reasons for leaving (some stated...and some not) so that may have not made a difference in the long run. I will say if the hitting thing was
an issue, she wasn't going to say it in her statement when she announced she was leaving :ROFLMAO:

While it's possible, I have a hard time believing that was significant part of Bahl's decision. She pitched more innings than anyone by a large margin and was clearly the go-to pitcher when it counted most. She was even put in to run. How many times do you see THAT in a WCWS game? I'm pretty sure Bahl personally scored more runs than Florida St in that final series. I lean towards taking her words at face value.

However, that doesn't mean that Nebraska won't ride her like a rented mule. Where Bahl could depend on the best offense and defense in college softball, she'll need to really chip in at the plate and perhaps as a position player for this new team to go anywhere.

Last edited:
Feb 15, 2017
Jordy played through a lot of pain last year, and ill leave at that.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

May 13, 2023
Agree in that the statements provided by player and coaches were edited for content! Neither party was going to say anything disparaging. No inside scoop.

One thing is certain to be taken from players transferring from the number one team
-being #1 doesn't mean it has everything a player wants.

For instance she can now have the goal to beat them!

Which is something that I really like,
the opportunity to beat the best!
And accomplishing it!

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2016
Agree in that the statements provided by player and coaches were edited for content! Neither party was going to say anything disparaging.

One thing is certain to be taken from players transferring from the number one team
-being #1 doesn't mean it has everything a player wants.

For instance she can now have the goal to beat them!

Which is something that I really like,
the opportunity to beat the best!
And accomplishing it!
As others have said as long as she is leaving on her own terms..hopefully that is the case.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00