Is this paint chipping or is the bat breaking?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 22, 2022
I am new to the composite bat game. My daughter plays 10U and plays a 31/21 Easton Ghost Advanced. We purchased the bat in Feb-2022 and I had heard the bat had a lot of pop, but broke often. About 2-3 months ago, my daughter showed me the bat and it seemed like paint was chipping. Now, when I look at it, it seems a lot deeper. Can someone please advise?

Attachments

• Bat 1.jpg
    Bat 1.jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 63
  • Bat 2.jpg
    Bat 2.jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 63

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
So, I fill out the warranty form from Easton and take pictures? You think they will send a new bat? This is our first bat, so definitely first bat to break.
I would initiate contacting Easton from that failure. Others here on dfp will have hands-on experience with Easton bat customer service.

Oct 4, 2018
Go for the warranty, give it a try.

Perhaps the next bat should be something else. Ghosts break on mis-hits. If your DD hits off the handle at all, I wouldn't get a Ghost. My older DD is a bit undisciplined and swings at inside pitches. She broke her two Ghosts (the original and replacement). No more Ghost for you.

My younger DD has had far more lessons, is a far better hitter. Has never broken a Ghost and hits it almost daily.

She's killing it with an LXT.

Jan 22, 2022

Perhaps the next bat should be something else. Ghosts break on mis-hits. If your DD hits off the handle at all, I wouldn't get a Ghost. My older DD is a bit undisciplined and swings at inside pitches. She broke her two Ghosts (the original and replacement). No more Ghost for you.

My younger DD has had far more lessons, is a far better hitter. Has never broken a Ghost and hits it almost daily.

Thanks for the insight. My daughter (when she was playing rec) with a Louisville Slugger X12. It was a 29 drop 12. She is pretty strong having played multiple sports (tennis, soccer, softball) since 4. Her hitting coach said go to a 31 and a drop 10. She loves the way the Ghost Advanced hits, but loves the look of the Mantra. I never really hear of that bat breaking. Any thoughts there?

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
Easton has a fantastic warranty department and should replace that bat, especially since it's only been nine months since its purchase. Be aware that if an umpire does a bat check, they will probably remove that bat from the game.

If you decide to go with another brand of bat, go to a local store and try it out with your daughter before making the purchase. You can get some good deals here if you know whom to ask. ;-)

Jan 22, 2022
Easton has a fantastic warranty department and should replace that bat, especially since it's only been nine months since its purchase. Be aware that if an umpire does a bat check, they will probably remove that bat from the game.

If you decide to go with another brand of bat, go to a local store and try it out with your daughter before making the purchase. You can get some good deals here if you know whom to ask. ;-)
Whom do I ask? My daughter has tried Ghost Advanced, LXT, and CX-Zen. What about the Mantra? Does that break? Is it similar to the Ghost Advanced?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi