Is it time to switch?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 16, 2014
agree...that is a good swing for a kid that age. What are the results that are getting her benched? is she striking out a lot? being passive? hitting popups or weak grounders? Her problem may be less mechanical and more with her hitting approach. Just like a kid with poor mechanics can get good results, a kid with good mechanics can fail to get the bat on the ball consistently.

passive, poor contact lot of week ground balls pops ups. you called it in your last sentance to the T others just are getting on. I am happy to see her def is still solid at 2b and OF. For whatever reason I cant put a finger on it just not her normal aggresssive self on this team. She loves the coaches and her teammates but jsut not her self. its weird. even on the bases shes never been caught stealing but its not their style to run which is fine but jsut overall not aggressive. I love the coach too and we talk about it a lot.

Jul 16, 2014
timing is an issue too so i have been using in and out T drills and standing IFO the net and acting like a pitcher and as my hand reaches my hip like a release of a pitch I am calling in or out..also working on loading a bit earlier to give her time to recognize pitches if that makes sense.

Apr 1, 2010
passive, poor contact lot of week ground balls pops ups.

If you don't mind spending the money, I'm a big fan of TCB balls (the smaller ones, not the Atomic!). At her age and size, you wouldn't need to buy very many (like 3 or half a dozen, because she's not going to be hitting many at one session). The TCBs are great for front toss, of which I'm also a big fan. I think that seeing more balls coming in from the front is going to be better for her development than the equivalent amount of soft toss and tee work.

With TCBs, you can't have a passive swing or poor contact. The ball will flop like a wounded duck and she'll immediately be able to see for herself that it's not a good swing. Once she learns how to hit TCBs successfully, that swing will result in nice hard hits of a regular softball. JMHO.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd