Interference rule

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 13, 2011
Under the interference rule, it states that the offensive team shouldn't 'confuse' fielder in attempting to make play. Can you please give me some examples where this would apply.

Oct 13, 2010
Georgia
Runner on 1st, pop-up to 1st baseman, as player is preparing to catch the ball the runner yells from behind her "I got it". I think this would apply.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
Another example is, a runner going to second yells and wildly swings their arms around, as they approach the base and the player covering.

Jun 22, 2008
Continuing to run and drawing a throw after being out is a form of interference and the runner closest to home would then be called out. But, this does not apply to a batter running on a dropped third strike if that is what you are leading into.

Jun 22, 2010
We're not lying to you. It's ASA rule 8-7-P:
A runner continuing to run and drawing a throw may be considered a form of interference. This does not apply to the batter-runner running on the dropped third strike rule.

Sep 13, 2011
Continuing to run and drawing a throw after being out is a form of interference and the runner closest to home would then be called out. But, this does not apply to a batter running on a dropped third strike if that is what you are leading into.

No two separate things happened the other night, one I got right, the other wrong.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA