Insider bat

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 20, 2016
A parent taking the time and making the effort to learn about swing mechanics to be the guide for their DD's hitting development is also a viable option.

Can you recommend a good website or video I can go to?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Can you recommend a good website or video I can go to?

This site is a very good source of information about hitting and swing mechanics. Read, read some more, ask questions, and swing a bat for yourself. What many people find most helpful is to post a video of their DD's swing in the "hitting practical" section to get feedback from other DFP members about where the swing can be improved, and ways to go about teaching it to their player.

Jan 20, 2016
This site is a very good source of information about hitting and swing mechanics. Read, read some more, ask questions, and swing a bat for yourself. What many people find most helpful is to post a video of their DD's swing in the "hitting practical" section to get feedback from other DFP members about where the swing can be improved, and ways to go about teaching it to their player.

Thank you Eric!

Apr 5, 2013
Back on the dirt...

Absolutely what Eric said. You will go through many stages of the hitting game. You will have many near you tell you you're doing it worng. But trust the insite this forum gives. Watch as many elite hitters as you can both baseball and softball. Find what facts are true for each hitting mechanic as well.

We are at odds with our teams coaching on hitting and it's a challenge but learn the mechanics for yourself and sometimes you can teach the coach something they were not aware of. Also get lots of video of your hitter and share here for additional input.

Best of luck to you and your DD.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
You as the parent will be around your DD the most. You will spend the most time with your DD...practicing.... on and off the field and games. You need to be her hitting coach. If you choose to be the hitting coach learn as much as you can about hitting. What I did was go to the Technical/practical hitting thread and read the threads where a parent posted their DD's. I then read all the posted comments. That is how I learned...that and a couple of other threads. The easiest would be to post your DD's swing also the hardest. The reason I say the hardest is because of the possible critics your DD may receive. What ever you choose...good luck with your DD. All the info to make your DD a better hitter can be found on this site. One just has to look and ask questions.

Mar 11, 2009
A parent taking the time and making the effort to learn about swing mechanics to be the guide for their DD's hitting development is also a viable option.

A smart parent would learn at the same time as their DD is taking lessons then apply them between lessons and moving forward!

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
A smart parent would learn at the same time as their DD is taking lessons then apply them between lessons and moving forward!

Not saying this is wrong or right. You are only re-enforcing what the hitting coach is instructing wrong or right. I'm thinking a smarter person would make sure what they are 'applying' is wrong or right. Not to many hitting coaches seem to have it 'right'. IMHO from what I have read or witnessed.

Dec 11, 2010
Not saying this is wrong or right. You are only re-enforcing what the hitting coach is instructing wrong or right. I'm thinking a smarter person would make sure what they are 'applying' is wrong or right. Not to many hitting coaches seem to have it 'right'. IMHO from what I have read or witnessed.

You got that right.

May 23, 2015
The greatest majority of hitting coaches have no clue how to train hitters and they regurgitate everything youtube has to offer. Hitting is severely over coached. Hitting is between your ears. Being able to get into the head of a player is 95% of the job. The swing is a tiny part of it.

If all the video and gadgets really worked MLB stats would be going through the roof and a .400 average would be common place.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi