Informal Poll for Catchers What mitt do you use?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 12, 2009
Kansas City
I get asked a lot about mitts and am putting out this informal poll. You can post replies here or email me at advancedcatchingconcepts@gmail.com

Thanks, Chaz @ ACC

Here's the questions:

How old is your catcher?

What brand and Model (Name and/or Number) mitt does your catcher currently use?

On a scale of 1-10 (1= bad, 10= ecstatic) How well do they like the mitt?

What one thing would they change about the mitt if they could change anything?

What is your catcher's "dream mitt"?

Thanks in advance for participating! I am posting in a few different areas and will update results as we receive your polls.

IMG_3395.jpg

Dec 19, 2012
[How old is your catcher? 16

What brand and Model (Name and/or Number) mitt does your catcher currently use? Easton Premier Select PRO2FP

On a scale of 1-10 (1= bad, 10= ecstatic) How well do they like the mitt? 10

What one thing would they change about the mitt if they could change anything? N/A

What is your catcher's "dream mitt"? Since Easton no longer makes this mitt my dd has expressed looking at a Wilson A2000 as a potential replacement.

Jun 21, 2010
How old is your catcher? 13

What brand and Model (Name and/or Number) mitt does your catcher currently use? Mizuno GXS31

On a scale of 1-10 (1= bad, 10= ecstatic) How well do they like the mitt? 10

What one thing would they change about the mitt if they could change anything? None

What is your catcher's "dream mitt"? Finally found it!

We found this mitt on ebay. Used one year and it came in like new condition, but broken in. We didn't pay near the new price. Ball sticks in the glove--a problem she had with prior mitts when catching for hard throwing pitchers.

Aug 16, 2012
How old is your catcher? 10

What brand and Model (Name and/or Number) mitt does your catcher currently use? Rawlings CCMFP

On a scale of 1-10 (1= bad, 10= ecstatic) How well do they like the mitt? 4

What one thing would they change about the mitt if they could change anything? Too many balls bounce right out. It needs a deeper/better pocket.

What is your catcher's "dream mitt"? Getting her a Mizuno GXS92

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
My DD is a pitcher, but I use a Nokona catchers mitt that I bought off Ebay for $75 for "bucket time" and I love it! I will have it refurbished before I would buy another glove.

Jul 9, 2012
Vinci, JCV-VM (33")
10, deep pocket, great thumb and just overall hand protection, lightweight even though it is Kip leather, easy to get over on the block, pitchers love the loud pop sound it makes
One thing to change, it just takes time and patience to break in
Dream glove? A free Vinci:)

Jan 1, 2013
Pittsburgh, PA
I get asked a lot about mitts and am putting out this informal poll. You can post replies here or email me at advancedcatchingconcepts@gmail.com

Thanks, Chaz @ ACC

Here's the questions:

How old is your catcher? 15

What brand and Model (Name and/or Number) mitt does your catcher currently use? Mizuno Franchise Pro 34 inch GXS92

On a scale of 1-10 (1= bad, 10= ecstatic) How well do they like the mitt? 9

What one thing would they change about the mitt if they could change anything? Nothing

What is your catcher's "dream mitt"?

Thanks in advance for participating! I am posting in a few different areas and will update results as we receive your polls.

View attachment 3302

See answers above.

Jan 27, 2010
NJ
How old is your catcher? 14

What brand and Model (Name and/or Number) mitt does your catcher currently use? Mizuno MVP Prime GXS53

On a scale of 1-10 (1= bad, 10= ecstatic) How well do they like the mitt? 8

What one thing would they change about the mitt if they could change anything? Nothing but would try the H pattern pocket

What is your catcher's "dream mitt"? Not Sure

Mar 23, 2010
Cafilornia
13YO
Mizuno Classic Fastpitch GXS33
She gives it a 9 out of 10
Nothing she would change. Myself, I did have to get some stitching fixed.
Worth Liberty is her dream mitt, though she's pretty fond of this one.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaci’s biggest fan