Individual Fundraising Ideas

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 10, 2022
How do ya'll afford travel ball? I have 2 kids entering the world of travel, and with the expenses of startup team gear, lessons dues and equipment I'm looking for ways to bring in extra 💸.

Suggestions for what you have done successfully. This is NOT the team fundraiser, I'm talking raising funds to cover some of these costs. Any tricks? Can businesses sponsor individual players? Thanks for your feedback.

Jul 12, 2017
MI
My son mows our lawn to cover some of his travel team fees. Prior to him mowing, we were paying $900 a year for that service! He also turned that into his own business and has anywhere from 4-8 lawns a week to mow (some each week, some vacation-only mows). He makes great money and his own hours!

Oct 1, 2014
USA
My son mows our lawn to cover some of his travel team fees. Prior to him mowing we were paying $900 a year for that service! He also turned that into his own business and has anywhere from 4-8 lawns a week to mow (some each week, some vacation-only mows). He makes great money and his own hours!
I like this approach much better than some of the ideas of seen plus the kid now has some skin in the game. I've seen folks set up a GoFundme account or solicit handouts individually (charity) and it just doesn't seem right. Mowing lawns, shoveling snow, dog sitting/walking, selling old toys/stuff, etc., it's a good way to prioritize what a kid really wants.

Nov 15, 2019
I donated plasma for a while. You can make $600-$800 a month doing that. My oldest in college also does it to help pay for tuition.

Oct 9, 2018
Texas
In some cases becoming an assistant coach or head coach for the team was the option taken for parents that have multi kids in travel ball. This is dependent on several issues: the age of the player, the skill level of the team, how the team's finances are structured, the skill level of the parent, and the available free time of the parent.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles