How to get a Player Sponsership?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 19, 2015
We just received our Spring Softball Schedule. Wowzers, her coach has us all over the state of Texas. This is not a bad thing.
I'm curious, have any of yall had any luck finding local businesses to sponsor your kid?
If so, what process gave the best results?

Thank You in advance.

Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
The org we played for would put up a banner at every game with the names of out sponsors. Each kid would be given copies of a form from the org with a letter to local businesses explaining who we were and what the org does, then we would take that to employers and/or local businesses and ask them to consider sponsoring the team. It was done in the name of the team. The org got the first $50 and the balance went towards the player who obtained the sponsor.

Jul 4, 2014
We just received our Spring Softball Schedule. Wowzers, her coach has us all over the state of Texas. This is not a bad thing.
I'm curious, have any of yall had any luck finding local businesses to sponsor your kid?
If so, what process gave the best results?

Thank You in advance.

Sponsorship is one of our team's biggest fundraisers. It is a team effort, not an individual effort. We offer sponsorship levels between $250 to $750. In short, a $250 sponsorship gets them a small logo while a $750 sponsorship gets them the largest logo. The logos go on our team banner and on our website. We also follow them on our team's facebook page and we have all our parents "like" the sponsors' fb page.

We don't have any trouble getting sponsorship. It's easiest to approach a business that you frequent regularly or friends / acquaintances who own businesses. I recently approached a Realtor whom I used to work with 10 years ago and asked if he'd consider sponsoring my daughter's softball team. I explained that he would get exposure in the various cities and states we travel to. It was a no-brainer for him. Said yes immediately. Here's a sample of our sponsors. We have a couple of dentists, a physiotherapist, couple of local newspapers, convenience stores, small accounting firms, pizza joints (Papa John's are very supportive) and a couple of realtors. To level the playing field, we make it so that every player must bring in no less than a $1000 in sponsorships.

Hope this helps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hgielaz01