How to deal with Error

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 29, 2019
We are talking about 10U, right? The expectations/fingerpointing at 10U amazes me.

There are countless errors at 10U, just like there are countless walks, wild pitches, and hit batters. Don't even get started on the balls that are scored as hits vs errors, depending on what parent is keeping the book. :ROFLMAO:

Feb 22, 2021
We are talking about 10U, right? The expectations/fingerpointing at 10U amazes me.

There are countless errors at 10U, just like there are countless walks, wild pitches, and hit batters. Don't even get started on the balls that are scored as hits vs errors, depending on what parent is keeping the book. :ROFLMAO:
Lost a game last weekend 15-1.
Our team only committed 1 error. I got a kick out of that.

May 27, 2013
Hey, sometimes playing HS ball can be a similar experience for teams that aren’t lucky enough to have 30 travel players to choose from. Instill in her mind now that the best way to handle this is to provide encouragement to her teammate who just made the error. Just saying, “You’ll get it next time” or giving a high-five saying, “It’s ok” goes a long way, even at age 10. I guarantee that player will try harder next time, as she’ll be less afraid to make a mistake. You also will be teaching your dd to lead by example by being positive and encouraging to her teammates. Life lessons, and all that....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00