Hitting the high pitch - Suggestions?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
LL

Keeping with the theme.

I am serious, and don't call me Shirley.

Oct 10, 2011
Pacific Northwest
hitting coach.
In no way shape or form would I degrade myself by claiming to be a hitting coach. J/K
owww, shot through the heart:) touche

Coach, i forgot the the word POTENTIAL

MTS we played a team in the playoffs (high school) Beat us. I talked to the hitting coach after the game. Our pitcher was the fastest in they have seen, and they knew that coming into the game.
They worked just on the little short barrel movement, Knob to swivel point, no lower end. They put the ball in play.

It worked against us, our defence stinked it up. our secound baseman had 7 errors, baby grounders, week pop ups dropped , bunts with runners on, poor choices.
IT WORKED THEY WON.
they lost the next game to a better defensive team

Oct 25, 2009
Hitting doubles is not "just" putting the ball in play.

I've got several players that just try to put the ball in play. I'm working with one often enough that she is realizing her power potential, finally.

R

RayR

@softballphreak - Maybe not - but the point I was trying to make was that we were not a HR hitting team and a lot of doubles - IMO - are the results of having a line drive mentality....meaning most of the balls we hit did not carry over OF heads....mostly split them or hit down the lines....

@Mann - our approach is not as "weak" as you just described....we take full swings with an emphasis on being accurate and choking up with 2 strikes to help with wasting pitches until something is thrown that they can handle...

Hitting doubles is not "just" putting the ball in play.

I've got several players that just try to put the ball in play. I'm working with one often enough that she is realizing her power potential, finally.

Oct 10, 2011
Pacific Northwest
choking up
Why not just switch to a 25 inch bat?? Ok this could be a hole different thread, with different methods of "shortning up"

Mts, i am new to posting, i cannot type, so this is a disclaimer, on my printed words and the "emotions behind them". I am really just trying to always learn.

R

RayR

Choking up not much different than split grip in terms of bat control....some of it is mental....less then 2 strikes you are trying to drive the ball / hit line drives / be aggressive.....2 strikes - shorten up / put the ball in play / fight off pitches / stay alive / win the battle.....

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IBSoftballDad619