Hitting Aides

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 16, 2019
Depending on the results your looking for, you can make several things with PVC pipe . Is there a specific hitting issue your trying to address?

Mar 22, 2022
Depending on the results your looking for, you can make several things with PVC pipe . Is there a specific hitting issue your trying to address?

Well first off connection, eye on the ball, a lot of my girls swing and have great cuts but just can’t seem to make a connection. Then also I don’t know if anything can make them not be scared or fearful when they are up to bat. I know it’s nerves but at some point that’s got to go. Also how to get them to bat smarter, pick good pitches to swing at and not reach.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mar 17, 2022
On seeing/tracking the ball, I would have a hitter stand at the plate with a bat. I would use a soft rubber or whiffle ball. I would go through a pitching motion throwing the ball. The batter would go through a loading motion and at toe touch release the top hand and catch the ball with
the top hand watching the ball all the way into the hand, most of the girls would use a batting glove on the hand to catch the ball.

I would use the same motion and balls and throw at them to get their confidence up on dodging balls coming at them along with teaching them how to protect their vital areas when you do get hit.

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ntooutdoors