Help keeping Demarini bat naming straight

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 28, 2019
You seem to have a good

You seem to have a good handle on the Demarini lingo. They have a light bat line and an average bat line. The Insane line was previous average weight model. The FNX is their heavier offering for 2020.

Compared to other makers Demarini are usually closer to stated weight.

I would go with a CF, LXT, or Rawlings Quatro Pro balanced if your looking for a top shelf lighter swinging balanced bat.

The Power Carbons have their following but I see too many complaints about sting and bats going dead to take the plunge.

Also see many used 2020’s for resale. They just don’t seem to command the money and respect of some other better known bat brands.

2020 Prism is their top end model. Lighter swinging double barrel like the Easton Ghost. Just weighs considerably less.

Oct 5, 2018
Anyone know where I can find a slapper in 31/21??
Going to be tough to find a new one since they haven't made one for 2 years. Facebook Marketplace and just search in regular Facebook and Ebay are options. To me a mint condition shouldn't be more than $100 shipped.

Last edited:
Jul 13, 2019
I would say see if you can find a place that is having a demo day where you can hit with each bat and then ask your daughter what bat she likes best and buy that one. One place near us has a deal where you can rent up to 2 bats for four days at $10 a day and then if you decide to but that bat the money would be taken off the price of the bat. If you buy a bat and you're not sure your daughter likes it take her to the cage and have her hit tennis balls or wiffle balls or if you have them Easton Incrediballs and don't take the wrapper off of the bat if she doesn't like it take it back.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
I've played slow pitch for years and have encountered many bat hoarders that would always chase anything new and shiny. I started down the path myself but got out before I got sucked in to far.

I don't get suckered in, most of my closet is NIW bats or ones that have 50 or less swings. I get demos and in the closet they
go...haha. Or I will take them out and swing it a few times and away it goes, as I will always go back to my gamers. I see guys falling for
the exclusive bats all the time or like Monsta is doing now, just repaint the same bats 10 times to look different
and idiots will buy the same bat every time...hahaha. I love the pic on Monsta FB forums...some guy will post and have like 10 bats, and 8 are the same bat but diff paint. But they paid top dollar for them right away. I always wanna say, you do know 75% or your bats are the same bat and you spent a couple thousand on them...haha.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles