Help, I think I did my daughter a great disservice.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 9, 2014
Demarini -10 balance is the way to go!!! The LXT swings heavier not to mention the handle is a 1/4 inch thicker and fills diferent specially if the player have small hands.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
If you are buying a new bat and do not mind spending $300+, get her to try the new Easton Ghost. They are brand new, so good deals on a used one are hard to find.

Jan 28, 2017
False......

What are you calling false? We went a sporting good store and they have inside cages and hit with two Demarini bats, LXT, Xeno, and Easton Ghost. If we hadn't hit with them I would have dropped $345 for the Demarini. She hit better with the LXT and Ghost. The Demarini handle is smaller and I like it the best. The sales person that I have known for over 20 years said grab the barrel and see how lite the handle is compared to the LXT. I couldn't feel a difference. We paid less for the LXT. He also said, what we are seeing is that kids change and she may swing the Demarini bats better in a few years. This is fact buddy. If you are calling the end loaded deal false maybe so. I couldn't tell as I stated above.

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
Demarini has a few different bats, I think the CF series is balanced

We have 2 LTXS, that is a nice bat too. LTX should be pretty close to advertised wieght.

Good luck to her.

Apr 26, 2015
^^^I definitely think he was referring to the end loaded statement.

From what I know (which admittedly isn't alot) Demarini has end loaded (Insane), balanced, and bats weighted more towards the hands (Slapper). DD has an LXT and she would agree whole heartedly that she hits better with it than with a balanced Demarini. She also likes the sound better. That said, she also has a Slapper bat that allows her to have more control over where she hits the ball. DD doesn't care for the other Demarini bats or the Xeno (endloaded). But she is not a power hitter either.

Aug 10, 2017
Well, we found a pretty decent deal on a closeout Demarini CF8, so we will give that a shot. Once she is used to swinging the extra weight we can re-evaluate other options. She just doesn't know what she doesn't know yet.

Jan 28, 2017
We swung the new balanced Demarini and last years balanced Demarini. We like everything about the Demarini but just didn't hit as good with it. If you go by looks and handle size we would have bought the Demarini. I made her go back and hit a second time. We drove an 1:30 twice to test the bats. I deal with two stores and the local one didn't have any Demarini's in stock or we would have just went and bought it. For some reason her bat speed was slow with the Demarini .compared to LXT. We bought a 31-21 LXT. They only had a 33-23 Ghost and for some reason her bat speed was much better with the Ghost than a 31-21 balanced Demarini. The sales person played college baseball and was a professional slow pitch softball player or was payed to travel and play. I'm not sure if slow pitch is called professional. He's not just a guy. I have no clue why but that's what happened.

I will never buy a bat again without my kids swinging it. I was shocked at the difference.

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
Well, we found a pretty decent deal on a closeout Demarini CF8, so we will give that a shot. Once she is used to swinging the extra weight we can re-evaluate other options. She just doesn't know what she doesn't know yet.

A lot of posters, myself included, started with that bat. Be a good one for her to try.

Unless they changed it it will be a little lighter then advertised.

DD swung a CF3 this year. :)

(Also few years ago a few college Teams kept swinging their CF6s until the CF8s came out, skipped the CF7 for some reason. No facts to back me up but I would avoid the CF7)

Last edited:
Aug 10, 2017
We swung the new balanced Demarini and last years balanced Demarini. We like everything about the Demarini but just didn't hit as good with it. If you go by looks and handle size we would have bought the Demarini. I made her go back and hit a second time. We drove an 1:30 twice to test the bats. I deal with two stores and the local one didn't have any Demarini's in stock or we would have just went and bought it. For some reason her bat speed was slow with the Demarini .compared to LXT. We bought a 31-21 LXT. They only had a 33-23 Ghost and for some reason her bat speed was much better with the Ghost than a 31-21 balanced Demarini. The sales person played college baseball and was a professional slow pitch softball player or was payed to travel and play. I'm not sure if slow pitch is called professional. He's not just a guy. I have no clue why but that's what happened.

I will never buy a bat again without my kids swinging it. I was shocked at the difference.

I hear ya. She did swing the demarini, and a few LS. The problem was they didn't have her size, all were too big. However, she swung them ok. She did like the Demarini much better than the LS. I figured if she was ok with the bat that was too big for her, I would be safe ordering the one her size.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00