"Have your girls play softball," they said...

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 26, 2015
I have no advice to give. I'm in the same boat.....and I wouldn't change a thing. :)

I woke up with a giddy girl ready for a scrimmage. I now have a sour mouthed slow walking grumpy pants because there is standing water at the fields thanks to a night of showers and you guessed it...a cancelled scrimmage. Before the dirt addiction, she loved the rain...

DW and I are secretly happy about it. This dirt addiction is serious lol.

Jun 11, 2013
It's All-Stars that started it all. Every time I leave to go to a new tournament I remember the feeling of the first one and not having
any idea what to expect. Games going on all over the place, seeing the 14U's and thinking how amazing they were then watching DD's
first hits,plays,etc.

Jun 12, 2015
It's All-Stars that started it all. Every time I leave to go to a new tournament I remember the feeling of the first one and not having
any idea what to expect. Games going on all over the place, seeing the 14U's and thinking how amazing they were then watching DD's
first hits,plays,etc.
Yes! We had no wagon, no canopy, our cooler was way too small and we didn't bring enough water. My DD didn't wear a face mask (having played only rec we had no idea we needed one) and took a ball to the chin at pitcher in our very first game. Despite all that, here we are. Lol

May 24, 2013
So Cal
any idea what to expect
. Games going on all over the place, seeing the 14U's and thinking how amazing they were then watching DD's
first hits,plays,etc.

I remember that day clearly. Clueless.

Feb 20, 2015
illinois
This thread is hilarious. Love it.

Hi everyone, my name is Dave, and I am a fastpitch addict. It has been two days since our last game. We have a practice game tonight and I am excited for 7pm to get here. I, too remember the very first time we showed up to travel ball games with DD's first year 10U team, and remember seeing the parents and girls that had obviously done this stuff before. Moms with bags packed full of everything you could possibly need from thread and needles to sew up a hole, to tylenol, to sunscreen, and everything in between. This weekend was our first games back after a 15 month layoff. I forgot exactly how much work it is to get the car all loaded down with ball bags, coolers, traveling snacks, chairs, and on and on. Missed it greatly though!!!!!

Aug 26, 2015
This thread is hilarious. Love it.

Hi everyone, my name is Dave, and I am a fastpitch addict. It has been two days since our last game. We have a practice game tonight and I am excited for 7pm to get here. I, too remember the very first time we showed up to travel ball games with DD's first year 10U team, and remember seeing the parents and girls that had obviously done this stuff before. Moms with bags packed full of everything you could possibly need from thread and needles to sew up a hole, to tylenol, to sunscreen, and everything in between. This weekend was our first games back after a 15 month layoff. I forgot exactly how much work it is to get the car all loaded down with ball bags, coolers, traveling snacks, chairs, and on and on. Missed it greatly though!!!!!
Hi Dave!

Aug 26, 2015
What's sad is my DD is still in rec ball. I could stop now based on the pure bat craziness of every TB parent on here....but I'm thinking "that's not THAT bad....at least DD will be doing what she loves". That's it. Who spiked my concession stand stryofoam cup with the Jim Jones SB blend????? I'm already bat crazy and the great people of DFP are to blame!

Sep 9, 2015
Yes - and now Mom is on the club board, Dad is assistant coach and reading posts on DFP. Team sleepover Saturday and practice Sunday. Yikes!

May 12, 2014
This thread is great....Softball is very addictive. We have a running thing going in our home now. My DD will come home from school and we give each other the comments that we "HAVE" to do to please the wife.

Me: "Hey, how was school? How are your grades?"
DD: "School was good. Grades are great"
Me: "I'm proud of you!"
DD: Thanks Dad....ok, now let's talk about the real stuff....I noticed on my swing I......"

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi