"Have your girls play softball," they said...

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 20, 2015
illinois
This thread is great....Softball is very addictive. We have a running thing going in our home now. My DD will come home from school and we give each other the comments that we "HAVE" to do to please the wife.

Me: "Hey, how was school? How are your grades?"
DD: "School was good. Grades are great"
Me: "I'm proud of you!"
DD: Thanks Dad....ok, now let's talk about the real stuff....I noticed on my swing I......"

LOL....hilarious....DD and I try not to talk softball too much in front of DW. She gets tired of hearing about softball. She was less than thrilled when DD mentioned wanting to possibly start pitching lessons over the winter.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
LOL....hilarious....DD and I try not to talk softball too much in front of DW. She gets tired of hearing about softball. She was less than thrilled when DD mentioned wanting to possibly start pitching lessons over the winter.

I'm with you. There have been windows of time designated as "no softball talk", one of those being immediately after we walk in the door after practice.

Jun 12, 2015
My DH & I talk about softball constantly. We actually reign it in around the kids. My daughter loves to play but isn't very chatty about it. Maybe when she's older.

Apr 28, 2014
I'll never forget our first time. Pulling up to the field on a cold damp day at Twin Valley near Reading Pa. DD was playing on a Sunday Select team and at 9 years old we thought she was good.
We sat down and watched our kid look like a fool out there against these "fast and strong" pitchers. I looked at my wife after our first 10 run game and said "DD is never gonna be good enough to compete with these kids". Fast forward to two weekends ago DD 1 hit the very same team that 10 runned us that day.
That's the hook... This game has given us so much more than we could ever give it. It teaches persistence, it deals out pain and forces tears. It's the ultimate teacher of lessons in life. Hard work, dedication commitment and some days just pure luck all pay off. There's no other sport I would rather my kid play.
Monday night as the sun set I was soft tossing to both my son and daughter when my wife pulled up to the empty field. She said "it's time to go" I said "This is my life, spending every free moment throwing balls to kids". She looked at me and said "isn't life great" :D

Feb 20, 2015
illinois
Wow BT, great story. You are a lucky man. My DW does not share the same love of the game, unfortunately. Your line in there about "this game has given us so much....." reminds me of a saying that my DD's very first coach, and possibly future high school coach (if she decides to play) says, and has posted at their field. Hope he doesn't mind me throwing his name out there (don't think he would). His dad is a long time supporter of area athletics and he has been involved in athletics in this area for a long time also:

LOVE THE GAME AND IT WILL LOVE YOU BACK.......Dana Emerick.

Jul 16, 2008
Oregon
Believe me it goes really fast... year before last was my youngest DD's last year playing. LOL I still love this game and am continuing to coach tho.... DW sometimes isn't thrilled when I have to pay for hotel rooms or airfare.... :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi