Have you Considered a Chiropractor for your DD?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 7, 2013
I think it depends on the chiropractor. I know some work within the medical community. I went to one for physical therapy and he was great. I’ve been two other times and both were quacks. One guy who talked about Chi and a bunch of other weird stuff. The other guy claimed my spine was misaligned affecting neuron signals to the brain etc. He was convincing until he claimed he could cure not only my back, but a whole host of other ailments. One for three ain’t bad I guess.

I had a previous chiropractor who was content to crack my back every week without worrying about any long term improvement--and, hence, there was no long term improvement. This guy that I occasionally see now worked on getting the bones back in place and strengthening and stretching to help keep them there. Now I can go many weeks at a time without seeing him because my back, for the most part, feels fine!

Nov 18, 2013
Obviously there are quacks in every field of medicine...my suggestion to anyone looking for a chiropractor is to make sure the person practices the Gonstead technique...

There’s a huge difference here. The whole chiropractic field is controversial.

Oct 15, 2013
Seattle, WA
The head coach of my DD's 12U team said something funny on this subject recently. He said, "I don't think too much of chiropractors because when I was a lawyer, I could get a chiropractor to say anything I wanted him to say if I paid him."

With two daughters who have played/are playing travel and school softball and a son in baseball, football, and wrestling, I am fairly certain our chiropractor should have a wing named after our family. In fact, two of the kids are headed there in about an hour. He does a ton of PT exercises with them and works to get them healthy and NOT coming to see him on a regular basis. I've been in several times, too, and now I have several stretches to do that alleviate my headaches when I feel them start coming on. I haven't had to go to the office in almost a year.

Jun 7, 2013
The head coach of my DD's 12U team said something funny on this subject recently. He said, "I don't think too much of chiropractors because when I was a lawyer, I could get a chiropractor to say anything I wanted him to say if I paid him."

That's funny. I've heard the same thing said about lawyers!

Jun 12, 2015

There are plenty of MDs who can be bought too. I know a lot of very ethical chiropractors.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Mar 23, 2010
Cafilornia
I had a previous chiropractor who was content to crack my back every week without worrying about any long term improvement--and, hence, there was no long term improvement. This guy that I occasionally see now worked on getting the bones back in place and strengthening and stretching to help keep them there. Now I can go many weeks at a time without seeing him because my back, for the most part, feels fine!

IMLE, this is the key difference, and why I'm more trusting of a chiro that is also a PT or massage therapist. Bones won't stay aligned if the musculature just pulls them back out of balance.

Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
My wife is a Physical Therapist so the opinion around the house is not pro chiro, but that is based on the model of having the patient come in for a year and give them no suggestions on how to strengthen or improve the issue other then adjustments. But last summer after a few months of back pain we took my dd to a chiropractor, he adjusted her and used kinesio tape, next day my dd pitched her first perfect game and came 1 batter away from her second. This year we went to a different chiropractor and he helped her out with the pain and the issue with her pelvis that was causing the mis-alignment

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gmc7283