Guess I'll start an off-topic thread?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 1, 2014
USA
Nice rigs Eric...good to hear from you again! My time as a SB Dad is winding down fast and I'm hoping that means more time out on the dirt for me. My KTM's are calling me!

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
VERY NICE!!! I'm glad I poked my head in here for a minute. I stepped out of the bike forum to talk about bikes on the softball forum. :)

I've never had the passion for steel bikes, like some folks get (although I wish I had never sold my Lemond Zurich road bike). I'm definitely a fan of carbon. Here's my MTB - hardtail power FTW!!!
View attachment 29432

No longer being a softball dad has returned me to my former identity as a cyclist, and I'm on a bike 4 days per week pretty consistently. Although I won't return to being a road racer in the way I was before 2005, I've been doing gravel events, and REALLY enjoying them. Here's my current gravel rig after my most recent event...
View attachment 29433

When I'm not in the dirt, I'm on this...
View attachment 29434
What’s going on with the top tube and seat tube junction on your Trek hardtail?

Aug 1, 2019
MN
VERY NICE!!! I'm glad I poked my head in here for a minute. I stepped out of the bike forum to talk about bikes on the softball forum. :)

I've never had the passion for steel bikes, like some folks get (although I wish I had never sold my Lemond Zurich road bike). I'm definitely a fan of carbon. Here's my MTB - hardtail power FTW!!!
View attachment 29432

No longer being a softball dad has returned me to my former identity as a cyclist, and I'm on a bike 4 days per week pretty consistently. Although I won't return to being a road racer in the way I was before 2005, I've been doing gravel events, and REALLY enjoying them. Here's my current gravel rig after my most recent event...
View attachment 29433

When I'm not in the dirt, I'm on this...
View attachment 29434
Good grief! You're leaning so far forward there's no room for the boys!

May 24, 2013
So Cal
What’s going on with the top tube and seat tube junction on your Trek hardtail?
“Isospeed” flexible connection. It allows a little bit fore-aft flex of the seat tube. You can’t feel it moving when you ride, but it definitely seems to smooth things out a bit. Trek uses this (or a variation of the concept) on a bunch of their bikes.

Jan 20, 2023
What bikes are you referring to, or just in general?

It was more of a mindset of riders that they needed way over engineered bikes for the terrain. When lift served terrain was getting popular - everyone wanted more travel etc.

I shouldn’t complain- I got my bike 50% off when yeti discontinued the model. I think it’s swinging back a bit finally- but a lot of companies met that user demand switch and discontinued the lightweight full suspension part of their line up. As a small female who rides cross country- that was my sweet spot.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi