Gotta Love A Crusty Old Blue.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 29, 2009
Playing in a tournament this past weekend. We are battling in a tied game. We're up to bat and have the start of a rally brewing with my lead off hitter bunting her way on in a close play. The kids in the dugout are getting loud cheering on their teammates at the plate. Not one word was said to or about the other team. I won't allow that type of nonsense on my teams. We're in the 3rd base dugout. A couple of the girls were using balls to pound on the wooden bench. They were getting very loud. The BU who is still on the RF line after making the call yells over to me to make my players stop being so loud. My 1st base coach asked him why. He said they were "distracting."

I thought about going over and asking him how loud cheering for their team is against the rules but decided against it. It was not a battle worth fighting in a tight game. I told the kids to stop the ball pounding. After the inning was over and my coach was retrieving the bat near home the plate umpire told her he can't do that. She just said "I know."

Sometimes it's like getting a shot. You just have to grim and bear it.

Jun 22, 2008
using balls to pound on the wooden bench

Not sure what rules you were playing under, but ASA does not allow artificial noise makers. Couple of years ago at nationals there was a team doing this and we were instructed by the UIC to shut it down immediatly.

Mar 2, 2013
Neither does PONY or the NCAA (especially when brought to the attention of the umpire by the offended team).

Maybe they can bring a tuba and saxophone to the next game.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ntooutdoors