Glove for lefty 1B 9yo

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 12, 2021
My daughter is 9 and a lefty. She plays 1B 90% of the time…also helps out as catcher. She is not playing travel ball yet but is playing both fall and spring/summer ball so the glove will see a lot of use.

I am looking at Bradley gloves (she has a catchers mitt and loves it) but am open to other suggestions as well. Price isn’t really a concern. She is only 9 so I don’t think she needs a 1B mitt quite yet. What size glove? 11.5”? 12”? Is an H-web what you would choose? Thanks in advance for the help!

Sep 19, 2018
definitely 12''. and defiitely not a 1B mitt. At 9 a real high quality glove (HoH, A2000 or similar) is most likely going to be too heavy. My dd (now 12) loved her cheap Wilson A900(??), it had to die (in June) before she would move to the A2000 I bought last fall. Over the course of 3 years, she got upwards of 150 games and too many practive to count on that mitt. Expect to get 2 years or so out of it. Then at 11 or 12, you can get something nice.

JOHNN

Just a dad of 3 girls
Aug 5, 2019
South Louisiana
My daughter is 9 and a lefty. She plays 1B 90% of the time…also helps out as catcher. She is not playing travel ball yet but is playing both fall and spring/summer ball so the glove will see a lot of use.

I am looking at Bradley gloves (she has a catchers mitt and loves it) but am open to other suggestions as well. Price isn’t really a concern. She is only 9 so I don’t think she needs a 1B mitt quite yet. What size glove? 11.5”? 12”? Is an H-web what you would choose? Thanks in advance for the help!
Id definitely recommend the Bradley mitt. My daughter is 9 as well and plays 1B. Got her a Bradley 1B mitt back in June and she loves it. Was really easy to break in plus the hand stalls actually fit her well. The softball version is a 12.25” and has been just fine for her. My plan is that unless she hits another huge growth spurt, that she can use this glove for her two years of 10u and then use a 12.5” A2000 for 12u and beyond.

Jun 12, 2021
definitely 12''. and defiitely not a 1B mitt. At 9 a real high quality glove (HoH, A2000 or similar) is most likely going to be too heavy. My dd (now 12) loved her cheap Wilson A900(??), it had to die (in June) before she would move to the A2000 I bought last fall. Over the course of 3 years, she got upwards of 150 games and too many practive to count on that mitt. Expect to get 2 years or so out of it. Then at 11 or 12, you can get something nice.
Is there a certain web you would recommend? Or ones to stay away from?

Jun 12, 2021
Id definitely recommend the Bradley mitt. My daughter is 9 as well and plays 1B. Got her a Bradley 1B mitt back in June and she loves it. Was really easy to break in plus the hand stalls actually fit her well. The softball version is a 12.25” and has been just fine for her. My plan is that unless she hits another huge growth spurt, that she can use this glove for her two years of 10u and then use a 12.5” A2000 for 12u and beyond.
Do you know which series your daughter’s Bradley is?

JOHNN

Just a dad of 3 girls
Aug 5, 2019
South Louisiana
Do you know which series your daughter’s Bradley is?
Its the Fastpitch Bandito

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Hey Dad, we can discuss glove brands, leather types, webs, and sizes. For a 9 year old there’s only two things that matter….fit and the ability for her to squeeze it closed, that’s it!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kyleighsdad